Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecto no...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=97076&mesg_id=97197
97197, o no...
Posted by morpheme, Tue Jul-04-06 12:38 PM
i'm about to cry

no

mpozi had beautiful work
truly beautiful

i remember when i met him -1st *real* trip to chicago- & it was due to OKPs. i stayed w/donnie "sight unseen" *laughs*. the first time i went i went w/a boyfriend & it was terrible, just horrible, we stayed w/his old maid aunt who was a junior high school principal playin scrabble & watchin "jane eyre", in seperate beds -just whack. & one day a group of players met up @ the bennigans near donnie's apartment, or so i thought. donnie had me walkin a country mile in cute shoes. donnie's wearin tims & not understandin. & we get there & that's when i first met sonyasimone & illwill & he was there w/starli whom mpozi keep callin "flat pockets" & poetisa & avery were there & mr. grump. & mpozi drove & we all went to the wild hare -which was NUTHIN like "love jones"- & there was even more walkin cuz parkin in chi is horribler than u can expect. & recall him showin me his portfolio & there was early pics of all the roots & he had these AMAZING photos of montserrat, after the volcano & it's wild because that one boyfriend i first went to chicago w/had gone there as a child. he was just totally kewl & that was the only time i'd met him, the last i'd seen him. he had this man of incredible locs.

this is really a shock

i really believed in all he did

all the blessings in the world to his family & all those who knew him

ashe