Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectyou know, no matter what, it always ends up being some sort of
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=93075&mesg_id=93254
93254, you know, no matter what, it always ends up being some sort of
Posted by scout, Tue May-02-06 11:56 PM
competition w/ "the sistas" (c) LoveJones
my closest friends (other than fam, of course) are not black. maybe it's just coincidence, i don't know. but w/ them, these non-black friends, i never feel like i'm being judged or competing for anything. it's come as you are, it's all good, we love your spirit, and shit, lol. they're my biggest cheerleaders, next to my mama, and even when i was a part of a sista circle, i never had as much love unconditionally, just raw. maybe friendships get better w/ age *shrug. Maybe we've all been through the ringer w/ that one (or few) frienship and we've learned from it so our capacity to be friends ripens. i don't know.
at my age, friends have come and gone. Which is to be expected. Friendships are just like romantic relationships and i've broken up w/ my fair share of friends over the last two decades...for whatever reason (grew apart, got stabbed in the back, lost touch, etc.) and I know the same can happen w/ my current friends but they're so worth it. they bring so much to my life. I just wish i could find that same bond w/ some sistas, tho (all the sista friends i have are more like associates). at least one that isn't family. i know it's possible.
^what a tangent^ lol