Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecti have trouble keeping friendships with women
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=93075&mesg_id=93211
93211, i have trouble keeping friendships with women
Posted by speakeasy., Tue May-02-06 03:34 PM
im not going to rant about how women gossip get jealous blah blah, thats just a cop, imo, and is a dead end as far as dialogue goes.

i need female friends. i dont know what quite goes wrong each time. it usually comes down to me not trusting them. i dont trust ppl in general, but i think i'm unconsciously more pessimestic coming into relationships with females.

a lot of the time its due to communication. oddly enough, i feel more comfortable saying whats on my mind to men versus females. im not quite sure why. anyway, i like having my own time, and by that i mean i like to escape from everything once in a while and seclude myself from everything (ght be an only child thing), and women take this the wrong way. i know im part of the problem, since i give up on those friendships. i also think, I tend to look for that 'ride of die' type friend, that honestly is rare, if even exists (i.e. sex and the city). so maybe im setting myself up.

im starting to rant, and i know this is a heavy topic, but where do I begin in establishing healthy relationships and where do we go wrong?