Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecteh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=75022&mesg_id=75162
75162, eh
Posted by playa_1, Fri Oct-28-05 04:30 PM

Am i the only one that read articles back in the day that said nas and jay were still cool even when they were beefing? granted one of them might have stepped over the line with their last song or two and things got a little heated but....

i don't know. i think this has been in the works for a while. there was some nas interview post-beef and pre-this (year or 2 ago) where he says that he would love to work with jay and then the next day he's like, "er, ah, i'm still mad at him but maybe if the right things happened."

I think the truly beautiful thing is that, as much as i would've loved to hear somebody rag on 50's "you can't tell what i'm saying because i got fake teeth" flow, nas and jay were just bigger than that. jay says "beef is stupid. i'm about the people." that's what's up. the community center and business development classes, that's the way to go. that would be unbelievable... and the great thing is, it just might happen.

lurking while working
since March of 2000