Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectFor all potential donators and volunteers this is what I fnd out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=73020&mesg_id=73144
73144, For all potential donators and volunteers this is what I fnd out
Posted by Ioness, Sat Sep-03-05 02:06 AM
The government will not let any private parties in. We have to get an affiliation.

Now also since they are receiving some aide, we especially have to have some affiliation. I called around to some rescue agencies and red cross and they all want us to donate our monies more than anything else.

Seeing as though red cross has already collected 28 mil and they have still not made it to LA I am highly suspect of that option.

I am told that the best way a civilian can help is to either volunteer with an agency or send food and supplies through another agency.

Unfortunately unless we can get some publicity to back us and even then it is highly unlikely an idea such as mine won't work.

The best thing to do is to send clothes and food through local organizations like a church or a rec center any big corporations have a whole heap of white washing before the people will ever see the money that is donated.

My boss also had his people call and they told him the same thing and he is far more wealthier than I.

Basicaly the big agencies and corporations want the money. Your best bet is to go with a small local organization, if not your money may never reach its intended subject.