Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectwhen you see someone who had his leg chopped off
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=53237&mesg_id=53410
53410, when you see someone who had his leg chopped off
Posted by Jon, Sun Jul-03-05 08:16 AM
by someone who looked like you, do you feel guilt that you get to live with 2 legs while there are others who have to go through life with one leg because someone sick mofo who didn't like the sound of their vocal chords rendered them crippled?

of course not.

guilt is only appropriate when you did something bad, not when someone else is less fortunate than you. you're not supposed to feel guilty for the cards you were given. that's nonsense.

is jaime fox supposed to feel guilty for having a bigger, nicer choice of women (including white women) than some white guy who gets his face burned off by an angry black man? hell no. jaime fox should thank God for the blessings he's been given.

should i feel guilty because my naturally right-handed cousin has a deformed right arm with no elbow and 1 finger? no, i should praise God for the blessings he's given me, and the extraodinary things that will come of my cousin through his struggles.

you don't feel guilty for situations you didn't create.

EDIT: but i would like to respectuflly ask you why so many people including yourself don't buy the "it wasn't me" reply to the guilt question. is it because people always say it, so it has become cliche to your mind?