Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThe Book Of Earl
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=38385&mesg_id=38431
38431, The Book Of Earl
Posted by poetx, Thu Feb-01-01 07:29 PM
more translations, from Dr. Ibrahim Isaacson of The University Of Chicago's Oriental Institute. as more is uncovered each day, it appears that the Book Of Earl contains some very biographical info on JC's 'college' years (he attended the mystery schools in Canaan, and dropped out to pursue a music career with his group, The Essenes).

Earl, Chapter 8, verse 1.

1. And the Lord went down to the bodega, and coppeth forties for the disciples.

2. For he was bearded, and was carded not.

3. Spirits did we consume, but before such, He spake thusly:

4. My brothers, before we imbibe, have a care, that we pour a libation...

5. For the disciples who ain't here.

6. Tyrone. tyrone, tyrone... we miss you, dawg. Know that thee are safe in heavens bosom, and yet live still within our hearts.

7. Dear Tyrone, know thee as well, that it was I who got my pop to overlook that bid you did, and let thee into his Kingdom.

8. It was not for me to resurrect thee, but thou knowest that i hookethed thee up in the afterlife. One.

9. And with The Lords solemn words, did we all enjoin, "One!", and pour libation also.

10. And then we drank deeply of the forties, and it was good.

11. Be it thus for all time, that when dawgs get a little taste of sumthin, they pour libation for the disciples who ain't there. Amen.

beautiful. this is really connecting the dots for me culturally. i can see a scriptural basis for so much of what i've done.

peace & blessings,

x.