Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectMore JC News
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=38385&mesg_id=38423
38423, More JC News
Posted by poetx, Thu Feb-01-01 03:36 PM
The Son of God continued his interview with dream hampton in a studio, somewhere in NY, where he's recording his next release.

dh: so, what's it been like, going four years without an album out?

JC: in one sense, its kinda frustrating, but on another tip, i just feel blessed. i'll be walkin' down the streets, in bed stuy, an cats will be pointin across the street like, "Oh Sh*t!!, its the GOD, its the GOD!!"

JC: i've always tried to be a humble cat, but this really brings me down to earth. brovvas be recitin' my old scriptures, verse for verse -- some of 'em know 'em better than me now. just stop in the street an be spittin' Luke to me, yunno? i'm blessed.

dh: i've known you for, it seems, all my life. before the packed shows, and every body callin you The Lord, i remember when you was a shy kid named Yeshua Josephson, at P.S. 1 in Queens.

JC: sshhh!!! damn, why you gotta be usin my government name? you ain't printin that are you?

dh: naw...

JC: things done changed. i feel like my path has already been laid out for me. i'm just trying to get my shine on, spread my liiiight *Jesus stretches out the syllables in a very convincing, soulful tenor -- i didn't even know he could sing like that*

dh: speaking of The Light, what did you think about all---

JC: see, there you go, i'm all peace and you gittin me amped again. lets just say i had a joint on my album that was supposed to drop last year called "The Light (the truth, the way...)" that was supposed to be my first single. matter of fact, we did a white label and DJ Clue's dumbass put it on a mixtape without askin' me.

JC: then all the sudden, Monche got The Light, Com got The Light, Mos, on Umi Says, is singing "...shine my light on the woooorld". that's my shit right there. *unnghh* . i'm not sayin these dudes bit, cause i respect their work, but this just seems kinda shady.

JC: that's alright though. they were good songs. plus, my joint is all tied up in that litigation with my old label, so i'm gonna just be big about it and let it slide. 2001 is mine anyway, i'm gon shine.

- dream hampton, New York, Village Voice, 02/01/2001

peace & blessings,

x.

Coming Soon: The Black History Sig...