Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectJC will NOT be the next OKArtist :-(
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=38385&mesg_id=38415
38415, JC will NOT be the next OKArtist :-(
Posted by poetx, Tue Feb-06-01 08:45 AM
hate to be the bringer of bad news, but i got the following "e" from ShawnGeeOK:

Following email was sent from user ShawnGee at Writer's Block.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: MC JC/OKP?

We've carefully reviewed your request that __Jesus__ be added as an OkayPlayer, and i regretfully have to inform you that __Jesus__ will not be added to OkayPlayer at this time.

As you know, there are many criteria that one needs to be an OkayPlayer: speed, strength, stamina, and at least OkayIntelligence. _Jesus__ benchpress was unimpressive, and his 40yd dash time was very average for a (MAN/woman) (HIS/her) size.

While __musiq_soulchild's_ music WAS grooving, we also had reservations about whether the OkayPlayer community would really respond to __Jesus__.

Finally, its important that all of our artists consider themselves fam. Did you know that Com is the hairstylist for the Jazzyfatnastees? Or that D'Angelo and Hi-Tek were both in the Morehouse Glee Club together? It's very hard to bring other folks into the mix unless they click like that.

More discouragingly, there's a slight beef between __Jesus_ and Black Thought, stemming from __Jesus_ calling Thought a __backpacker__ two years ago.

I hope this detailed personal reply answers your questions. Please be aware that just because we cannot make (him/her) an OkayPlayer today, __Jesus__ may be selected in the future.

One.

To reply to this user, please use the following URL:
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=email_user&userid=ShawnGee

peace & blessings,

x.

January is Kool Keith quote month, for lack of anything else:

"I never hearda you stupid, what's your name man??"

"Rappers don't know, I'm out the hospital/
cold buggin' and illin' like Dr. Doolittle"

"I'll chew your ass like monkeys on Wild Kingdom"

"you call yourself GOD, can you make it rain?/
can you tell me now what I'm thinkin' in my brain?"

"under your arms, you're kickin power and musty"

"word to mom, I'm in my own world.../
galaxy raaaaaays... powerful"