Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectthanks for updating the link
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211516&mesg_id=211759
211759, thanks for updating the link
Posted by double negative, Tue May-05-20 08:31 PM
>Why would YOU have an opinion on what it could be??
>
>This guy says it's "High Altitude Sickness" And for some
>reason he's one of the few doctors to see it - and the others
>are all wrong.
>
>
>
>Is this guy a doctor, or does he jsut wear scrubs? Any info
>would be helpful.
>
>EDIT: original video:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq6YEYfn2zw
>
>
>Coudl he be right? I'm no doctor, I don't know.
>
>Maybe this virus just fucks the lungs out so bad that no one
>know how to deal with it yet?

I guess, this might make some sense if viewed in context.

My opinion just comes from watching our understanding of covid evolve.

At first it was ventilate no matter what - we need ventilators. And the response to the call was to source ventilators. In addition, the homebrew/hacker community started rigging up potential solutions while totally missing the mark on/about what ventilators do besides cycling air into and out of the lungs.

also, the big thing to look out for was fever and dry cough - but then the interesting part is most folks who need hospital care don't even have fevers.

Ventilators also potentially introduce a form of trauma (which is a known known and why the ventilator is not just a machine that pumps air into and out of the lungs - when in proper use it's riding a fine line).

Next to that, doctors have also been reporting that covid affected lungs are "tougher" in texture which can make ventilation difficult.

one other very interesting observation ER doctors have mentioned is how patients will go from 0 to 100 extremely quickly. Oxygen levels will drop to critical levels before the patient will even become aware of it at times.

So, hospitals started sending folks home with pulse oximeters with explicit instructions to come in if and when blood oxygen levels hit 93-90%.

I know this is a word salad. I'm obviously not a doctor, I'm interested in how treatment has evolved in real time.