Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectthey can't do otherwise without burning their rule book
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211516&mesg_id=211741
211741, they can't do otherwise without burning their rule book
Posted by Stadiq, Sun May-03-20 09:36 PM

If the gov handled this even close to right, it would prove that government can actually play an important role.

Think about how much progressive shit was done after the great depression...think about (in some respects, anyway) how that helped lurch the country left for a few decades.

Everyone with half a brain knows 1 $1200 check isn't the answer, and knows that this isn't a problem that is going away next month.

Whole situation makes me **extra** mad at the left for not running better candidates/campaigns.

I really think this *could* have been an opportunity to elect a progressive candidate and president. I do. Its just that Warren ended up being a bad politician and Bernard ended up being a really bad movement leader who ran a very misguided campaign.

But I don't know if the country is built for something like this anyway. Its like if we can't go to work, eat out, and buy shit we don't know what to do with ourselves.