Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: You are super awesome bro
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211516&mesg_id=211732
211732, RE: You are super awesome bro
Posted by allStah, Thu Apr-30-20 06:24 PM
Our Governor is already facing lawsuits regarding our stay at home order. There are lawsuits that talk about the state impinging on their constitutional rights.

"Pastor Steve Cassell with Beloved Church in Lena, Illinois, was preaching last week on isolation, but is now challenging the governor's restrictions on church gatherings.

"The devil does his greatest works in isolation," Cassell said during an online church service.

He's seeking a temporary restraining order to allow his congregation to once again meet in person and not online. Stephenson County, where his church is located, has had just 35 COVID-19 cases and no deaths, according to the Department of Public Health.

"The First Amendment has been taken away," Cassell said. "I would like it back, please. I would like it back, please. The freedom to exercise my religious liberties and the freedom to peaceably assemble are some of the core foundations of what our entire nation is built on."

It does not matter what type of order it is or what type of rule it is, no matter what the ruling is for, there will always be a group of people who think opposite to whatever is being ordered. Same way with the American Revolution, it was people (colonies)stating "no taxation without representation", and why should we be forced to pay taxes
or agree to laws that we did not vote for or having any representation to vote.

Again, I take no sides. Just stating on how all living things act when it comes to orders or laws.