Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI fear that this is going to impinge upon our human rights, and lead
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211516&mesg_id=211726
211726, I fear that this is going to impinge upon our human rights, and lead
Posted by allStah, Wed Apr-29-20 10:59 PM
to severe measures of condemnation.

I don’t necessarily agree with the anti-lockdown protestors. However, I’m seeing this pandemic lead to digital and physical witch hunts.

Example, A male Chicagoian held a house party of 50 people. A video of the party was uploaded to Facebook. Within a matter of minutes , the video had gone viral, and a hunt was out for the person who organized the gathering. The individual was verbally degraded and reprimanded throughout the social media universe, and some were saying that he needed to be jailed or shot.

Major news outlets tracked him down to get an interview , and the interview is already in the papers. His address and photo are in the papers as well. It appears that the young man was simply oblivious and unaware on just how dangerous the virus is. He also stated that he threw the party to honor his 2 friends who had recently been murdered.

I can honestly see our laws and amendments being changed to acknowledge some form of distancing, and individuals being jailed for breaching them, or something even more severe than that. We are dealing with a pandemic and the necessary precautions need to be implemented, but our liberties and rights as human beings and citizens shouldn’t just be tossed out the window either.....

Things are going to get really slippery as human interactions continue to be suppressed.....