Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectWell, Nebraska to tentatively begin re-opening May 4th.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211516&mesg_id=211707
211707, Well, Nebraska to tentatively begin re-opening May 4th.
Posted by Nodima, Fri Apr-24-20 05:57 PM
Restaurants will move to 50% capacity, no bar seating, all staff must wear masks and gloves, no table larger than 6, and no tables within 6 feet. Salons, tattoo/massage parlors will also open with use of masks.

The initial reaction from most unemployed service industry workers I know is incredibly negative, with most assuming this is really a ploy by the state government to get out from under its unemployment benefits load (many people I know have not received a single payment in over 6 weeks) and force people back to work who are making more money on unemployment than they'd expect to back at work. In some cases, like cooks, making a significantly higher income.

Additionally, I've seen a lot of people worried that allowing customers into the restaurant will significantly increase exposure for the staff, and thus they not only won't be dining in but will discontinue ordering out as well.

I'd say about 80% of the social media feedback I've seen is strongly negative, and this is a state that's as Red as it gets.