Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThanks for the insight. You definitely know more about this than I do.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211516&mesg_id=211650
211650, Thanks for the insight. You definitely know more about this than I do.
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Apr-22-20 07:12 PM

All I know is that one of my brother's friends runs a restaurant in Atlanta and was planning on filing for interruption insurance, so yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Maybe things are different in GA (like you, I'm skeptical). Maybe for some reason he was paying for that extra coverage. Or maybe he just wouldn't have had a payable claim. If so, I'd say it's the state's responsibility to step in and regulate their fucking insurance industry, like you're saying. Or better yet, the federal government should be doing more to keep these businesses afloat while they have to stay closed.

People think of this as a "balancing act." But that's a bad analogy. There is ONLY ONE WAY right now to stop this spread -- shutting down nonessential businesses. There are other ways (especially in a nation that controls the world's reserve currency) to mitigate the economic damage. It doesn't have to be one or the other, and the fact that people are phrasing it that way is a statement of how little people care about public health.