Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: Can you name a few?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211516&mesg_id=211602
211602, RE: Can you name a few?
Posted by allStah, Fri Apr-17-20 01:47 PM
>>I’m not against proper vaccines, but there are a lot of
>>vaccines out here creating massive health issues.
>
>Are you referring to older, discontinued vaccines, or current
>ones?
>
>I agree that these trials shouldn't be rushed and that it's
>unlikely we'll have a vaccine soon*, but specifically
>mentioning autism and making sweeping statements in
>relationship to vaccine safety comes dangerously close to fear
>mongering, imo.
>
>
>*) There are about 80 vaccine projects underway and the main
>route of speeding them up is finding volunteers who will
>deliberately be exposed to the virus. If researchers can deal
>with the ethical implications of that approach, we might see
>vaccines sooner than is normally the case with new viruses.

Yes. I can name one. The flu vaccine. The CDC even has a website for people who have been injured by the vaccine to go to. From allergic reactions to other serious to mild issues, people have been injured from current flu vaccines. So I’m not a big fan of the flu vaccine because of the frequency at which they are recommended ( every year), and due to some of the question marks regarding the safety of the vaccine.

I don’t have a problem with the chicken pox,mumps,polio or tetanus vaccines. Those shots stay the same and are only needed once, and a booster shot needed for tetanus, I believe, every ten years.

As far as seeing a vaccine getting approved rather sooner than later, still will not be ready for at least 1-2 years( and that’s with skipping animal testing ). I stress that America is the only country that is bypassing animal testing ( to my knowledge) , so keep that in mind futuristically. By bypass animal testing you could possibly make the process even longer , because issues could come about that could have been addressed before hand via animal testing. It’s like painting a wall without priming it first. If the paint doesn’t cure, you have to strip everything and start all over.