Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectWhat have you been purchasing , and are your stores staying stocked?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211145&mesg_id=211307
211307, What have you been purchasing , and are your stores staying stocked?
Posted by allStah, Mon Mar-30-20 02:46 PM
I’ve just being buying meat and all vegetables , and lots of rice and potatoes as base starch foods. And corn tortillas I use as bread for their simple ingredients( corn and water) and fiber content. I go to the authentic Mexican spot to get some tacos every now and then, but damn do I miss some Puerto Rican, Indian, etc food. Most of those places are closed.

I’m not a big sugar person, not even with fruit. However, I will do some shortbread and peanut butter cookies every now and then, due to their low sugar content and simple ingredients. I prefer natural peanut butter ( love peanut butter), but I can eat PB all day, so I have not purchased any just for that reason.

Meat section stays empty, which is scary, and is becoming hard to purchase. Pork section is full as hell. Good to see this generation of black folks not eat pork. 20 years ago you couldn’t get black folks to stop. However ,if i have to eat pork to survive, I will.

Also cats are not touching tuna steaks or liver. I think most don’t know what it is. I have a friend who thought pastrami was pork. I love tuna and liver.... the deli counters stay full too, so Im able to get fresh turkey slices. I think most people are just used to buying packaged lunch meat. So that’s still on the low low.

My father was complaining the other day about not being able to get jasmine rice , saying he can’t eat any other rice. I’m like people are dying out here and you’re worried about your food staples..... makes you understand why in the old old days bringing home a piece of fruit or a loaf bread was a big deal and highly appreciated. Food was not in abundance, so every food item was appreciated.