Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectstores are adjusting more and more
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211145&mesg_id=211259
211259, stores are adjusting more and more
Posted by Mynoriti, Sat Mar-28-20 02:45 PM
each store seems different though and there doesn't seem to be a blanket protocol. Sprouts lets one person in each time someone leaves, and i think it's 50 at a time allowed in the store. people in line to get in the store are being better about staying apart, and there are markers on the floor in checkout lines where to stand. Costco has a line zig zagging through the lot but they're very organized, and even though it's better than it was 2 weeks ago (mayhem), it's still a bit claustrophobic in there. Ralphs sometimes theere's a queue to get in, sometimes there isn't but they also have floor markers in the checkout lines.

Parks and beaches in LA are mostly closed now. There are still plenty of people on the street walking and bike riding, probably more than usual by LA standards because we're a car town, but from what i'm seeing most people are doing a good job of staying apart, mutually moving away before you cross paths.

>Does this stuff work if there are so many exceptions to the
>rule?

I assume every little bit is effective and every exception can have the opposite affect but if most people are doing their part it's effective overall especially in highly populated areas. The mayor here is saying he expects us to be NY on the coming weeks, the governor projected an over 50% infection rate, but I think (and hope) those projections are more about what we should be prepared for than what's actually going to happen.