Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectWell Put
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=210291&mesg_id=210436
210436, Well Put
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-10-20 12:48 PM
I mean I have always been skeptical of the mantra "Believe All Women" because it runs counter to my experience and the knowledge that though false accusations of rape is rare, Black Men are disproportionately the victim of it. I grew up in the South and my parents made so Emmet Till, Scottsboro Boys were lessons I learned early (that and my dad almost losing his mind when he saw a white girl riding in my car).

I think all allegations should be heard and investigated and treated seriously, but you can't get me to sign off the blanket statement "Believe All Women given the history of this country specificallya nd especially if it involves a black man and a white woman. I am not worried about it for me, I am grown and have already navigated all of this stuff, but I am raising two black boys in this country.

You would think that's a reasonable position but it requires nuance and RJCC is representative of how people aren't there for the nuance. It's super frustrating to hear the lack of nuance or understanding context coming from black people (black men even). And then it doesn't help when you have morons coming at it like Snoop Dog and some of the folks in this post.

I just hope the extremes you hear on both ends isn't really representative about how people view these issue IRL and these are only online debates.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"