Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectit seems pretty complicated.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=210291&mesg_id=210318
210318, it seems pretty complicated.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 04:32 PM
'Although I truly believe this encounter between us was
consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this
incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery,
listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now
understand how she feels that she did not consent to this
encounter.'

this was around the time that the country was grappling with what 'consent' meant and how it should be requested/granted/concurred with.

sounds to me like kobe saying he believed she consented (nonverbally, passively, etc). but that she didnt explicitly agree to it (and he didnt explicitly request it). and he could see how she would feel differently.

prolly a clumsy explanation on my part but the statement comes off as some careful legalese/pr attempt to cover a few (maybe contradictory) bases.

do you think kobe believed she was a rape victim? or a victim in general (press, emotional pain, etc). do you think gayle was referring specifically to being a victim of the alleged crime?

>Also Oprah pulled out of producing the Russell doc so that’s
>not a fair point.

the doc is finished. she pulled her name off it only because she felt it needed *more* work to portray the full scope of what the accusers went through (her claim). shes still supporting it (just not credited anymore).

the point still stands tho. shes clearly shown more ambition in holding mj and uncle rush accountable than she has weinstein.