Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectHow Do You Feel About Gayle King Asking Lisa Leslie This About Kobe?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=210291
210291, How Do You Feel About Gayle King Asking Lisa Leslie This About Kobe?
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 02:11 PM
https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1224759600798425090

interesting that she referred to the woman in colorado as 'the victim' despite the fact she refused to testify and the criminal case was dismissed. seems like 'accuser' or 'alleged victim' would be more responsible as a journalist.

serious question (because i might have honestly missed it) but did gayle and/or oprah go hard at harvey weinstein? oprah did a dedicated special about the michael jackson doc (which was on an entirely different network) and she produced the russell simmons doc. oprah had actual friends raped/abused by harvey weinstein and he has a much longer/wider track record of this behavior. seems like something she would wanna jump all over.
210292, I think it's quite unfair to Leslie
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Feb-05-20 02:18 PM
King is basically trying to cross-examine Leslie and adjudicate this at a time when she knows she's grieving the loss of a close friend. And referring to the accuser as a "victim" is journalistic malpractice.

Yes - of course there's a conversation to be had about the Colorado incident - and if you look into the details - it is a troubling case and worthy of a larger conversation.

But to your point - I'd certainly like to see King and major media outlets grilling associates of Epstein and Weinstein with the same energy and intensity. Yet we don't see that.

-->
210293, fam i despise this media culture where interviewers
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 02:35 PM
act like its their 'duty' to bring up uncomfortable/inconvenient parts of peoples lives when its not even relevant to the main conversation. even immediately after they die.

you could be there talking about your grandfather who was a famous singer in the 70s and just passed. and theyll bring up 40 yr old domestic violence accusations from his 1st wife.

lisa leslie lost a friend. imagine running up in someones house while their friends are gathered around mourning their death. and going 'hey but we gotta talk about that time he robbed that store on sycamore'.

its ok to be human and let people grieve for a minute. everything aint worth the headline.

shit is pretty heartless when you think about it.
210294, Think everyone from Seal to 50 Cent
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Feb-05-20 02:20 PM

have gone in on Oprah over the Weinstein thing.

Mo'Nique too-

https://www.thedailybeast.com/monique-slams-oprah-winfrey-over-sundance-russell-simmons-doc-rekindles-old-feud

They are right, seems like a pattern to me.
210295, i found that interview. oprah really alllivesmattered that shit.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 02:48 PM
https://youtu.be/ST7vUwTtKso

50 women!

‘lets not dwell on harvey weinstein...’
210296, Gayle/Oprah are agents. too late to get them out the paint unfortunately
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Feb-05-20 03:52 PM
210297, It's unfortunately fair game.
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Feb-05-20 02:45 PM
It's a tactless way to handle somebody who is grieving, but journalism ethics ain't the Hippocratic Oath to do no harm.

Journalism ethics is more about minimizing harm, and Gayle likely feels she's minimizing harm by treating the assault charges as credible and keeping the spotlight on them.
210298, its weird because when someone like george w bush dies
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 02:53 PM
interviewers damn sure dont grill their family and friends on the dark parts of their political record...much less their personal life.

seems like they do have some selective sense of decency/decorum.
210299, I agree with that 100 percent.
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Feb-05-20 02:57 PM
210300, yup. all this
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Feb-05-20 03:25 PM
>interviewers damn sure dont grill their family and friends on
>the dark parts of their political record...much less their
>personal life.
>
>seems like they do have some selective sense of
>decency/decorum.
210301, People Love going after soft targets.
Posted by Adwhizz, Wed Feb-05-20 04:41 PM
210302, HW but yeah, all this
Posted by spirit, Sun Feb-16-20 12:07 AM

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com
210303, ^^this right here
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Feb-05-20 03:05 PM
210304, yes, this. and now i'm leaving this post
Posted by Damali, Thu Feb-06-20 11:18 AM
cuz i know somma yall would probably piss me off.

d
210305, the man, along with the victims havent been buried yet. Joe had to
Posted by lsymone, Wed Feb-05-20 03:10 PM
go get the body from the morgue the other day. and its been only a week and 3 days since his passing.

notice how Gayle tells Lisa to her face that she wouldnt see it, after asking her if it is complicated. why the phuck would you ask her that question and strategically try to pin her in a corner when Lisa is telling her about her interactions w/ Kobe....not Kobe, Lisa and the "victim" who REFUSED to testify.
210306, This is my major issue with it too:
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Feb-05-20 03:17 PM
>notice how Gayle tells Lisa to her face that she wouldnt see
>it, after asking her if it is complicated

If she knows Lisa would have no insight on this aspect of Kobe's behavior, asking her about it does nothing to illuminate the issue.
210307, Not to mention Lisa had already sort of answered that part.
Posted by Brew, Wed Feb-05-20 03:22 PM
>>notice how Gayle tells Lisa to her face that she wouldnt
>see
>>it, after asking her if it is complicated
>
>If she knows Lisa would have no insight on this aspect of
>Kobe's behavior, asking her about it does nothing to
>illuminate the issue.

When she said she has other NBA player friends who *do* act like that in public.
210308, and Lisa slam dunk it back in her face, basically called her
Posted by lsymone, Wed Feb-05-20 03:26 PM
a coward saying "why didnt yall interview him years ago when he was here."

everybody called Monique crazy, but she was right.
210309, this is key
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Feb-05-20 03:45 PM
>If she knows Lisa would have no insight on this aspect of
>Kobe's behavior, asking her about it does nothing to
>illuminate the issue.

i think "then why the fuck are you even asking me?" would have been completely warranted. Good on Leslie for keeping it polite.
210310, gayle basically dismissed lisas whole viewpoint with that.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 03:28 PM
>notice how Gayle tells Lisa to her face that she wouldnt see
>it, after asking her if it is complicated.

‘thanks for answering my question but your experience isnt credible because you cant say for certain that it did or didnt happen when you werent around’

210311, Well that's one way to trend on twitter
Posted by Lurkmode, Wed Feb-05-20 03:25 PM

https://twitter.com/search?q=Gayle&src=trend_click
210312, "You've had many years to ask him that"
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Feb-05-20 03:29 PM
Leslie handled this well.
210313, Gayle foul for this "gotcha" ass shit.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Feb-05-20 03:30 PM
210314, Wrestling with Kobe's forgotten apology
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Feb-05-20 03:33 PM
https://www.thenation.com/article/society/wrestling-in-with-kobe-bryants-forgotten-apology/

And I don't post that to make a case for Kobe being a terrible person or unworthy of our grief. I have been grieving his death, and more deeply grieving the death of Gigi. But I don't believe in the deification of people when they die. We have to deal with their complexities.
I don't think it's necessary or helpful to ask these questions of someone who was close to him, who is grieving him on that level, but I also don't think those questions get wiped away because someone dies.
210315, im getting a paywall. can you swipe the article?
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 03:40 PM
all i see is the part where it says the accusers ‘defense lawyer’ insisted kobe make that statement as a price of freedom (condition to the civil case settlement?)

‘accusers defense lawyer’ sounds kinda inaccurate. i dont think she was charged or countersued.
210316, Swipe
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Feb-05-20 04:04 PM
Wrestling With Kobe Bryant’s Forgotten Apology
After being cleared of rape charges in 2003, the basketball star conceded that the absence of consent may have occurred. Here’s why that matters.
By Dave ZirinTwitter
April 19, 2016

Kobe Bryant ended his Hall of Fame NBA career in legendary fashion with 60 points on an astounding 50 shots last Wednesday in front of a star-studded hometown crowd. It was just the 17th victory of the season for the Los Angeles Lakers, but that didn’t stop Hollywood and the sports world from coming together to burnish a basketball icon.

As is always the way in these Internet days, all of this hegemonic hagiography was accompanied by counter-takes at the margins. Examinations of Kobe’s high-volume shooting style or critiques of the way he drove away teammates like Shaquille O’Neal and Dwight Howard were there for those who wanted to find them.

The piece that grabbed a hold of me however—and I just can’t get it out of my head—was “The Legacy of the Kobe Bryant Rape Case,” by Lindsay Gibbs. It looked at the rape charges levied against Bryant in Eagle County, Colorado, back in 2003, and the ramifications of his lawyers’ scorched-earth approach toward rape survivors. This criminal case never went to trial, of course, after Bryant’s alleged victim refused to cooperate, and any civil case that could have arisen was settled out of court. It’s a common story when the wealthy and powerful are accused of sexual assault.

But then there was Kobe Bryant’s apology. I had not read his statement in 13 years, and it’s a stunning artifact. After years of reporting on Steubenville, the Notre Dame/Lizzy Seeberg case, Ben Roethlisberger, Patrick Kane, and so many more of these all-too-frequent stories where sports meets sexual assault, it left me wide-eyed, with more questions than answers.

Before reading, please keep in mind that the apology was made after the case was dismissed, and there is no evidence that Bryant was compelled to make this as part of the civil settlement of the case.

It reads:

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

Viewed through a 2016 lens, such an apology is breathtaking. It is impossible to even imagine a Ben Roethlisberger or a Jameis Winston or any high-profile athlete accused of rape issuing a similar statement. The handbook today says to deny everything until your high-priced lawyers and Internet armies bury your alleged victim. Then, treat the entire incident like just another obstacle to overcome on the road to greatness. Yet in 2003 Bryant essentially admitted that, while he does not believe a rape occurred… a rape may in fact have occurred.

We will never know if Bryant released this statement out of guilt, some sort of attempt at image rehabilitation, or a genuine sense of trying to achieve some kind of atonement. But whatever his motivation, does such an apology for what “may” have happened have value to people trying to combat sexual assault?

I spoke with Neil Irvin, director of the organization Men Can Stop Rape, about Bryant’s apology. He said,

Kobe is the only accused individual who I’ve ever seen provide an apology in writing in my 16 years of doing rape prevention work. I read it and it fits with what I know about rape: survivors don’t lie. I know we’ve been taught to believe they do but that’s a story which only serves to empower rapists. Kobe’s apology actually serves to push against the idea that survivors lie. He’s saying the opposite. The question I’m left with, is how do you honor Kobe’s statement and what appears to be his subsequent growth, without ignoring there was a survivor who also has to overcome the violence that Kobe admits to. I also know that for me—an African American man—there is something about the fact that Kobe was facing a life sentence and knowing the way rape charges have historically been used against black men…that is hard to shut out. But that also makes his desire to make amends, to apologize, matter even more to me. It helps our work at Men Can Stop Rape even if we don’t know whether Kobe’s apology was for his corporate image or the survivor… or both.

I also spoke with Jessica Luther, author of the forthcoming book, Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the politics of Rape. Like me, Luther had not considered Kobe’s apology in 13 years. “Alone, it’s good,” she said.

In a culture that fails to teach consent, it’s possible that there are plenty of cases where the two people involved could come away with different readings. For Bryant to say this, well, it’s as close to an admission of guilt as you can get without admitting guilt. In context, it’s harder for me because of how his defense team (and the system at large) trashed her and made her feel unsafe. This seems like the absolute least that should have happened in response to that: saying she sincerely believes she did not consent that night. Despite Bryant’s statement, there are still plenty of people who think this woman lied in order to get famous/wealthy/whatever. But we should remember always that the lasting impact of this case is not what Bryant said afterward: it’s how the case contributed to our ideas about people who report sexual violence.

That last point, about “how the case contributed to our ideas about people who report sexual violence,” is why the forgotten apology is so important. All week on social media, I was deluged with people telling me that Bryant’s alleged victim was a liar, a whore, or a con artist. These threat-mongers justified their ugliness by saying “Kobe didn’t do anything.” But even Kobe admitted that he did do something. That’s why it matters.

Ignoring Kobe’s apology also means we can’t reckon with who he is: someone who apologized for committing an act of violence against a woman and 13 years later was fêted by liberal Los Angeles as a hero. That sends its own kind of message. The message the sports media and Lakers faithful sent was that Kobe’s cinematic journey matters more than anyone who may have been damaged along the way. Even in liberal Hollywood, rape survivors are, at most, supporting characters, and often left on the cutting room floor.

***UPDATE, 1/28/2020: In this piece from 2016, I reported that Kobe’s apology was made from his own volition. That is what I heard from a source in 2016. Today, ESPN quoted the accuser’s defense lawyer as saying that her client “insisted on that statement as a price of freedom.” I want to make sure that this perspective is there as well when people judge the merits of this apology.
210317, Didn’t Kobe publicly apologize & said he sees how she didn’t think it
Posted by lightworks, Wed Feb-05-20 03:34 PM
was consensual?

If that isn’t deserving of calling her the “victim”, I don’t know what is.

Sounds like since Kobe himself basically acknowledged that she was the victim in all of these then Gayle calling her that is fair game.

As is it fair game to ask Lisa about it.

I know she’s grieving and is sad to have lost her friend and maybe she wasn’t event expecting to get a question like that but eh it was part of his public legacy so I don’t think it was out of bounds for Gayle to touch on it, in a respectful way, which I feel that she did.

Also Oprah pulled out of producing the Russell doc so that’s not a fair point.
210318, it seems pretty complicated.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 04:32 PM
'Although I truly believe this encounter between us was
consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this
incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery,
listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now
understand how she feels that she did not consent to this
encounter.'

this was around the time that the country was grappling with what 'consent' meant and how it should be requested/granted/concurred with.

sounds to me like kobe saying he believed she consented (nonverbally, passively, etc). but that she didnt explicitly agree to it (and he didnt explicitly request it). and he could see how she would feel differently.

prolly a clumsy explanation on my part but the statement comes off as some careful legalese/pr attempt to cover a few (maybe contradictory) bases.

do you think kobe believed she was a rape victim? or a victim in general (press, emotional pain, etc). do you think gayle was referring specifically to being a victim of the alleged crime?

>Also Oprah pulled out of producing the Russell doc so that’s
>not a fair point.

the doc is finished. she pulled her name off it only because she felt it needed *more* work to portray the full scope of what the accusers went through (her claim). shes still supporting it (just not credited anymore).

the point still stands tho. shes clearly shown more ambition in holding mj and uncle rush accountable than she has weinstein.
210319, what exactly is the amount you have to do to "hold weinstein accountable"
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:19 PM
(he's on trial...now. he's being held accountable. it's happening.)

before you can talk about someone else?

why is he the name that comes up?

what dumbass made this rule? Because I have questions.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
210320, it deserves to call her someone who had a price
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-05-20 05:51 PM
...that is, within the context of your question.

>was consensual?
>
>If that isn’t deserving of calling her the “victim”, I
>don’t know what is.

It's deserving of calling her someone who gave Kobe a price tag for his freedom.

Per her own lawyer, she “insisted on that statement as a price of freedom.”

So it was a requirement, a hoop to jump through, for him to be able to get on with his life.

There's nothing about this to indicate guilt. You infer guilt on your own, but that's not present in the statement, nor the reason the statement was made.

>Sounds like since Kobe himself basically acknowledged that she
>was the victim in all of these then Gayle calling her that is
>fair game.

there's a reason you said "sounds like" and "basically", and not "actually", because the actuality doesn't jive with the "basic" interpretation.

Again: “insisted on that statement as a price of freedom.”

>As is it fair game to ask Lisa about it.

No, it's not at all fair game to put that burden on her, and certainly not right now.

>I know she’s grieving and is sad to have lost her friend and
>maybe she wasn’t event expecting to get a question like that

…which is why it's really not at all fair game to press her on that.
210321, But why ask Lisa?
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Feb-05-20 06:12 PM
What does Lisa have to do with Colorado? Why ask her if its complicated to grieve or celebrate someone accused of doing something terrible, when all Lisa can offer is her own perspective on who her friend was. A perspective Gayle dismisses as meaningless.

in that case why put any of this on Lisa Leslie?

it's gotcha bs
210322, her response should of been “It was dismissed...”
Posted by seasoned vet, Wed Feb-05-20 03:44 PM
210323, I think all the folks claiming we should tell the WHOLE story is full of it.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-05-20 04:21 PM
Because if that were the case, then we would really have to relitigate the whole thing and that involves going into the facts about the accuser. Facts like:

1. The accuser was on medication for schizophrenia who had tried to commit suicide twice six months prior to the incident which speaks to her credibility as a witness.

2. Or that she admitted to changing her story to make her more believable to the police.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7jYN-q07uzM/XjCnWqVm_iI/AAAAAAADIVQ/jPV7nxEDhOkujtVBlfjuBHjXWvgFTYqQACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-01-28.png

3. Or that a witness claimed that the accuser was bragging about Kobe's johnson at a party after the incident.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JyLtR14Kcyk/XjG7DHmoYlI/AAAAAAADIWI/hUGqgC1u5GETHLAj8Q0Cpvbn4W37mdsUACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-01-29.png

4. Or that she had sex with someone else before going to the police about Kobe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/04/us/papers-reveal-new-details-in-kobe-bryant-rape-case.html

Now of course, I think it's terrible to dredge up all this stuff about an accuser decades after she agreed to settle the matter and I don't think any one of these items I mention prove that she lied, but if anyone who says Kobe's whole story should be told, these parts of the story should be told and discuss.

We aren't talking about some crime that was buried and gone unacknowledged. This was something that was discussed extensively in the media, charges were brought, and the details came to light. Nowhere are we seeing that the accuser wants to relitigate this matter. The thing about it that drives me a little crazy is that if you take Kobe's apology at face value, then its clear he knows he didn't something wrong (even though the two of them could have walked away from the situation with two different takes on what just happened). We don't know whether this apology, and the settlement payments, were enough to satisify the accuser and whether drudging this all up is something that she would even want.

Also, you know a factoid that I thought speaks to Kobe's frame of mind (and is also very Kobe like), is the comment he made to police during the investigation when he told them "Do the best invesitation that you have ever done in your career please"

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xvCP4zabyv4/XjFzLqjfxEI/AAAAAAADIVk/MbaJcokEtIctZUnpnkw3qT7yUK4Idc5LwCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-01-29.jpg

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
210324, sounds like he believed a detailed investigation would clear him?
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 04:39 PM
>Also, you know a factoid that I thought speaks to Kobe's frame
>of mind (and is also very Kobe like), is the comment he made
>to police during the investigation when he told them "Do the
>best invesitation that you have ever done in your career
>please"
>
>https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xvCP4zabyv4/XjFzLqjfxEI/AAAAAAADIVk/MbaJcokEtIctZUnpnkw3qT7yUK4Idc5LwCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-01-29.jpg

thats how i interpreted that.
210325, Cliff notes: Crazy slut
Posted by handle, Wed Feb-05-20 05:16 PM
That's all you need to know when a big star says it.

Glad he didn't pay any settlement or have to read a note to the press.

210326, those things can be true while still being true that Kobe raped her
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Feb-05-20 05:23 PM
his letter of apology came between the criminal and civil trials.

there's no real reason to believe it was coerced.
210327, kobes lawyers said the apology was stipulated by the accuser.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 05:37 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/2004/09/03/a-cases-disagreeable-conclusion/d20bac4c-921e-4ad1-9837-adb9b699ee22/
-----
Bryant's lawyers told ESPN that the apology was a condition of the woman, who "insisted on that statement as a price of freedom." Still, a federal civil lawsuit seeking "unspecified damages," filed by the woman Aug. 10, is pending.
-----

a pretty pivotal detail that i didnt even know about until dude up top posted that thenation article.

the apology does comes off really tightropey. trying to satisfy two opposing objectives.

210328, ...who else would it have been stipulated by?
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:28 PM
had you not read it?

That was perhaps the one most knowable fact in this whole thing, and you didn't know it.

210329, re-read ikes reply then mine so you can see where you fucked up at.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 06:41 PM
210330, RE: re-read ikes reply then mine so you can see where you fucked up at.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:44 PM
"a pretty pivotal detail that i didnt even know about until dude up top posted that thenation article."

did I misread?

because if you'd read the letter you'd have known

210331, point to the part in the apology where he reveals
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 06:55 PM
that she pushed him to write it ('as a price of freedom').

210332, the part where it references their agreement
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:58 PM
>She has
agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil
case.

glad I could help!

210333, fam i know you arent this dumb.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 07:05 PM
you know damn well that aint the same as him revealing she conditioned the dismissal on a public apology letter.

just that anything said in the letter wouldnt be used as evidence in the civil suit.

if her conditional insistence on the public apology was so obvious and widely known from the apology itself...why did the reporter from thenation need to update/clarify it in the story after kobes lawyer revealed it later?

exactly.
210334, it was fairly widely reported in 04. it's referenced in the statement
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 07:08 PM
that you didn't know is your own issue to wrangle with.

that you don't want to answer the question of why you think he would've made a statement like that in the absence of the accuser wanting him to....is also your own issue to wrangle with.

210335, its ok lil buddy. you tried.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-05-20 07:25 PM
210336, what is it you think I'm trying?
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 07:34 PM
you said that you didn't know a fact about the statement that, according to the writer *was reported on ESPN*

that's your version of the events. I didn't try anything.

210337, I don't know. I'm not surprised his lawyers said that
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Feb-05-20 06:57 PM
They kinda have to, to make it seem as far from an admission of guilt as possible.
210338, those things being true creates reasonable doubt.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-05-20 05:38 PM
Fact is, we don't know, because a trial never took place, and we have don't have a more thorough case to examine.

It also means that there's not a whole lot of merit to hard at him with certainty that he's guilty.

210339, so, if a trial takes place, then that means you know the facts?
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:29 PM
didn't we just all watch the aaron hernandez documentary about two murder trials which leave many facts open to interpretation and entirely unknown?

the idea that if we had a trial and a verdict we'd know the truth in an acceptable way doesn't hold up.

210340, what I said doesn't mean what you seem to think it means
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-05-20 07:23 PM
>didn't we just all watch the aaron hernandez documentary
>about two murder trials which leave many facts open to
>interpretation and entirely unknown?
>
>
>the idea that if we had a trial and a verdict we'd know the
>truth in an acceptable way doesn't hold up.
>
>www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
210341, cases can go to trial, result in a conviction/acquittal
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 08:13 PM
and be just as thin as when they were initially reported

yes, maybe we'd know more. I very much doubt anyone would feel like we would know enough.

210342, Of course, but if it comes down to he said versus she said. all those things
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Feb-06-20 11:03 AM
should be considered when it comes to trying to determine whose version of the story is more credible. It's not dispositive but it is relevant.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

210343, #facts
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Feb-05-20 05:31 PM
210344, I don't think anyone wants the WHOLE story.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-05-20 05:56 PM
I think those people only want to tell the part where Kobe had an allegation and wrote an apology.

They do not at all consider that they may be dredging up an open wound for the alleged victim, nor do they give half a fuck about any element of the story that's inconvenient to anything less then characterizing him as a rapist.

There's some reasonable doubt here, and there's no telling what a trial would have done to illuminate us to either side of the case.
210345, I think the truth is messy and everyone involved wanted it to go away.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-05-20 06:24 PM
You can just see how a 26-year-old Cocky and Arrogant Kobe would have never have thought that a girl didn't want to have sex with him.

At the same time, I think that if Kobe had any understanding that he could have been perceived as coercing the girl into doing something she didn't want to do, he would have backed the fcuk off.

But Kobe is given no benefit of the doubt by some it it directly relates to him being a black man. Because he is a black man, despite living a very public life and having no record of doing this before or after the incident in his entire life, his version of the story has no weight when going against a white woman who we literally know nothing about. A story like this only lives on when it involves a black man.

210346, why lie?
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:34 PM
"I think it's terrible to dredge up all this stuff about an accuser decades after she agreed to settle the matter "

no you don't, because if you did, you wouldn't do it.

it's an option, and you literally always choose this particular option because you like and enjoy doing it.

if someone accuses someone of sexual assault, you want to be the person to dig through the accusers life and decide if you think they're believable.

I understand that you are that kind of person.

210347, Anyone got a link of RJCC calling that girl a bitch and telling her to get back
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-05-20 09:07 PM
in the kitchen?

I want it handy when this cat tries to act like he isn't easily the person here who has treated women here the worst of anyone still around these days.

You are in no position to lecture anyone.

This is all you will get out of me this post. Say something stupid and asinine back and let's call it a day.

210348, I got a link of me and her talking like adults
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 10:44 PM
I can stand by anything I've ever done or said because I have integrity.

You can't, because you're a bullshit person and everyone knows it.

210349, RJCC, an internet troll with integrity. LOL.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Feb-06-20 09:33 AM
All you do here is harass people but you are the one with integrity?

You are delusional and not making any sense at this point.

>I can stand by anything I've ever done or said because I have
>integrity.

You can stand behind calling her a bitch and telling her to get back in the kitchen? That's what integrity looks like to you? Explain how that works.

>
>
>You can't, because you're a bullshit person and everyone knows
>it.

I can't what? You aren't even making sense here. What you can't find is any post of me calling a woman outside her name.

Grow up child.

>
>
>
>www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

210350, That day was hilarious. Dude pulled that shit out smooth as hell
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-06-20 11:16 AM

210351, I'm sure you think about it a lot.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Feb-06-20 04:46 PM
and you try to forget how no one cares about your pretending to be offended on someone else's behalf.

210352, I know that you don't know how integrity works. that's my point boy.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Feb-06-20 04:03 PM
you don't have any, and never will.

remember when you said you weren't going to reply and then you did?

no integrity, no fucking will behind your words.

210353, Buddy didn’t really “dig” that stuff those are #FACTS from the...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Feb-05-20 11:19 PM
case but weren’t ass juicy of a headline as “KOBE ACCUSED OF RAPE!” so they weren’t as widely reported but inconsistencies in her story would’ve made here case tough to prove in a criminal court and that’s why the initial charges were dropped.
210354, ayyyy, it's sexual assault investigator ThaTruth
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Feb-06-20 12:54 AM
who's definitely qualified to talk about when and why cases are dropped

210355, “Just the FACTS, ma’am.”
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Feb-06-20 07:35 AM
210356, just a loser who couldn't investigate a dog shitting on his lawn
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Feb-06-20 04:03 PM

210357, what abt Weinstein is just as childish as what abt Hunter Biden
Posted by seasoned vet, Wed Feb-05-20 05:43 PM
210358, it really isn't though
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Feb-06-20 02:00 PM

Folks are just pointing out that Oprah/Gayle had different approaches/views with regards Weinstein, Rose, etc...and the obvious difference between them and Kobe or even MJ.

210359, oh. Buddy's a professional sexual assault investigator again
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 05:57 PM
I haven't seen this movie before.

210360, I feel like I don't watch CBS morning shows
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:40 PM
idk what gayle king asks people, and I don't know why someone would show me an interview by her that they don't like.

shit's weird.

210361, speaking of timing
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-05-20 06:56 PM

Kirk Douglas is dead. so if you have a soapbox to get on regarding how quickly we can bring up sexual assault accusations after a celebrity death then your test case has arrived.

210362, Imagine if Kobe got metoo’d
Posted by bentagain, Thu Feb-06-20 10:06 AM
I think it’s a valid question

It is part of his legacy

But I’m taking a different angle for the cancel culture

Imagine if we didn’t get a post ‘03 Kobe

Mamba mentality doesn’t become a thing

We don’t get to see him evolve into the father and mentor he bacame, etc...

I actually respect him for facing the charges and becoming a better man

No problem with the question

But I feel like people get defensive

It’s a nothingburger of a subject and the pro-Kobe contingent should be better equipped to explain how their relationship overcame the adversity

IMO
210363, My issue is the response by Gayle after Leslie answered her question
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-06-20 10:10 AM
Gayle: but you don’t know...

Well why the fuck are you asking her if she doesn’t know?

210364, There are some that are mad that lots of folks are mourning him.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Feb-06-20 11:00 AM
Again, it's not like there is this story that never came to light that they are trying to expose. Everyone knows the story and still mourn him and it's driving a certain type of person (mostly white women) crazy.

Reminding folks what happened every time someone brings up his name won't make people mourn the loss any less...just makes you look like an ahole.

210365, Yup. How dare we celebrate one of our own?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-06-20 11:12 AM

210366, the day Mike Tyson drops dead is when all hell will break loose.
Posted by lsymone, Thu Feb-06-20 11:22 AM
and Mike actually said "i really wished I raped the bitch".
210367, She was Black tho... so white women won’t care
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-06-20 11:47 AM
210368, The Tyson accusation, trial, and conviction, are all problematic
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Feb-06-20 03:47 PM
His comment after the fact doesn't have any bearing on whether or not he did it, and there's definitely room for doubt that he did.
210369, My issue is...Kobestans pretend like he wasn’t a gaping ASSHOLE
Posted by bentagain, Thu Feb-06-20 11:59 AM
Mamba mentality was detrimental in those early years

Destructive to his team, teammates and personal life

The rape charge feels like a pivotal moment...toward the man he became

There’s nothing to defend...but I feel like there are some admissions on who he was in those early years.
210370, I 100% believe that experience made him a much better person.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Feb-06-20 02:18 PM
Acknowledging a woman's wellbeing shouldn't be compromised to make a man a better person. That being said, We all know Kobe was an arrogant, cocky sumabitch who wouldn't even listen to his own parents and I can see how that translated into sexual situations.

I feel like that was the first time he was forced to look at himself that critically and put himself into someone elses shoes and he became a better person %1000. So much so, I can't say I hated him the way I did from back in the day.

I don't think heroes need to be perfect, but they definitely need to grow and try to be a better person.

>Mamba mentality was detrimental in those early years
>
>Destructive to his team, teammates and personal life
>
>The rape charge feels like a pivotal moment...toward the man
>he became
>
>There’s nothing to defend...but I feel like there are some
>admissions on who he was in those early years.

210371, hey bro. he's dead
Posted by T Reynolds, Thu Feb-06-20 02:52 PM
let him rest dawg
210372, The cognitive dissonance is real. For me.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Feb-06-20 11:18 AM
>the pro-Kobe
>contingent should be better equipped to explain how their
>relationship overcame the adversity

Kobe is probably my favorite athlete.

If not my very favorite, he’s on a short list (Magic, Serena).

I also believe Kobe raped that woman in Colorado and was never really held to account for it.

I’ll never be able to settle the argument I have in my head about the man and I don’t think I should.
210373, rhymes with 'mooning'
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Feb-06-20 11:35 AM
she never asked Kobe, nor his male teammates this when he was alive
so putting Lisa up there to answer for that sort of thing as a woman is extremely funnystyle. what makes it even more funny style is going further with the "but you weren't there" bullshit AFTER she gave her answer...

and then backtracking to say "CBS made her do it" after the backlash...

bullshit.
210374, Of course the tv station made her do it
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-06-20 11:53 AM
I believe that...

but the “but you weren’t there” is the problem.

210375, the same tv station that told her to minimize Charlie Rose
Posted by lsymone, Thu Feb-06-20 11:59 AM
as much as possible and consider him as a friend.
the same tv station that "warped" and "took every thing out of context", yet she wont hand in her resignation.
210376, on her IG she is saying her network set that up and she mad
Posted by rdhull, Thu Feb-06-20 11:38 AM
they did a website prone talking point with no context and without her knowledge

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/02/05/kobe-bryant-gayle-king-sparks-outrage-questions-rape-charge/4672566002/
210377, her IG "apology": PLEAS COPPED...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Feb-06-20 12:48 PM
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8OJfE7Jzri/?
210378, she did her job. it wasnt to give a fair interview.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Feb-06-20 01:04 PM
it was to generate interest/views/clicks for the content.

mission accomplished.
210379, Why is she trying to cop pleas tho?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-06-20 01:38 PM
210380, guilt.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Feb-06-20 01:39 PM
210381, the folks dont accept apologies from agents. she revealed herself.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Feb-06-20 01:45 PM
210382, snoop kinda went there huh?
Posted by Reeq, Thu Feb-06-20 01:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQmeLCGcG8
210383, btw salute to lisa leslie for handling things as gracefully as she did.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Feb-06-20 01:25 PM
it isnt easy to be put in that situation on the spot and still remain poised.
210384, yeah luckily she works in media also and probably expect that...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Feb-06-20 01:43 PM
question at some point so she was semi-prepared.

>it isnt easy to be put in that situation on the spot and
>still remain poised.
210385, Her nickname Smooth for a reason.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Feb-06-20 01:55 PM
210386, ...do you think she didn't know the question was coming?
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Feb-06-20 04:05 PM
she works for CBS. you think they "gotcha'd" her?

210387, Lisa Leslie is the friend everyone should have also if you bringing up old
Posted by Musa, Thu Feb-06-20 07:40 PM
stuff explain the details.

"Western" media has been on a smear campaign of Black folks since the invention of the printing press.
210388, Especially Black men.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Tue Feb-11-20 06:28 PM
210389, God bless women
Posted by CherNic, Fri Feb-07-20 09:52 AM
210390, Oprah is saying Gayle is getting death threats
Posted by Airbreed, Fri Feb-07-20 02:29 PM
She says Gayle is now feeling very much attacked. (Hmm, can't imagine what Kobe went though during the accusations)

She says Gayle hasn't slept for two days (Hmm...can't imagine what Kobe's family has been going though since the death of he and his daughter)

She calling what's happening to Gayle as "Misogynistic Vitriol" (Again, hmmm......can't imagine what Kobe went though with the accusations)

I don't condone that death threat bullshit. It's cowardly and stupid. But she chose to walk though that same door of the salacious exploitations of another black man that Oprah has made her fortune from. So forgive me for not having much empathy for her.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/entertainment/oprah-winfrey-gayle-king-kobe-bryant/index.html

Talking about her best friend's recent troubles got Oprah Winfrey emotional on Friday.

Winfrey started choking up during an appearance on "Today" with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager while talking about the backlash against her BFF, Gayle King, over a recent interview.

"She is not doing well," Winfrey said as she teared up. "She is not doing well because she now has death threats and has to now travel with security. She is feeling very much attacked."

King has been majorly criticized for asking former basketball player Lisa Leslie about rape allegations made against the late NBA star Kobe Bryant.

Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna were part of a group of nine people who were killed last month in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California.

On Thursday, King expressed anger at her "CBS This Morning" bosses for releasing what she felt was a "salacious" and "out of context" clip of her interview with Leslie.

Winfrey backed up her best friend of several decades on Friday.
"She's not doing well and feels that she was put in a really terrible position," Winfrey said. "Because that interview had already ran and in the context of the interview, everyone seemed fine, including Lisa Leslie."

Winfrey said she understands why people are upset based on the clip, but added that King "hasn't slept in two days."

"Anybody can criticize anything, but the misogynistic vitriol to the point where it is dangerous to be in the streets alone ..." Winfrey said, trailing off. "Because it's not just the people who are attacking. It's the other people who feel like they can take that message and do whatever they want."
210391, RE: Oprah is saying Gayle is getting death threats
Posted by johnblaze, Fri Feb-07-20 02:42 PM
Too bad, she's getting what she deserves.

Oprah is next.

Both of them know exactly what their doing and as soon as it backfires, they cry wolf. Nope, both of them can kick rocks.
210392, She deserves death threats for asking a question? FOH
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Feb-07-20 02:52 PM
>Too bad, she's getting what she deserves.

210393, People love their celebs, even more than they own ppl
Posted by IsaIsaIsa, Sun Feb-09-20 07:00 PM

www.Tupreme.com
210394, people are waaaay too much
Posted by makaveli, Mon Feb-10-20 08:42 AM
210395, ^^Proving them right.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Feb-07-20 03:11 PM

210396, Damn
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Feb-07-20 03:28 PM
Nah that's going too far.
210397, ok, tough guy
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Feb-07-20 03:35 PM
>Too bad, she's getting what she deserves.
>
>Oprah is next.
>
>Both of them know exactly what their doing and as soon as it
>backfires, they cry wolf. Nope, both of them can kick rocks.
210398, lol @ tough guy. ....that's cute.
Posted by Airbreed, Mon Feb-10-20 07:13 AM
carry on tho.
210399, Whose alias is this?
Posted by squeeg, Sat Feb-08-20 09:39 PM
210400, 2 days!!!
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Feb-07-20 02:49 PM
210401, heres a video clip:
Posted by Reeq, Fri Feb-07-20 03:03 PM
https://twitter.com/HodaAndJenna/status/1225802679630356481

maybe im tripping but it legit looked like oprah tried to muster up tears then just gave tf up.
210402, she was put in a really terrible position.....????
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Fri Feb-07-20 03:20 PM
....didn't the words come out of her mouth?
210403, i really hate the lack of humanity of the internet sometimes
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Feb-07-20 03:34 PM
the "lets destroy a person's life because they said something i didn't like" mindset of some people.

i know it's small but vocal groups but it's still alot of fucking people

99.9% percent of these people would never look her (or anyone for that matter) in the eye and say the kind of vile shit they feel safe saying online.
210404, it's weird
Posted by makaveli, Mon Feb-10-20 08:43 AM
someone says one thing that they don't like and then they hate their guts forever, and will still complain about that person even when they do something good.
210405, Stupid questions have consequences
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Feb-08-20 09:29 PM
210406, yeah, y'all really care so much about kobe's family.
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Feb-09-20 06:25 AM
because I'm sure it makes them feel better to know that you're typing about all the empathy you don't have about someone who did an interview you didn't watch

210407, I need Oprah, Gayle and Jay-Z to go hang with some black folks for a minute
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Feb-07-20 03:14 PM
Like spend a few weeks just getting back to their roots. These folks have made their careers of translating the black experience to wider audiences but they've all been off their game lately.

BTW,I wonder who is that person doing that well now?

210408, Gayle and Oprah are sellouts and I don't feel sorry for her
Posted by Musa, Sat Feb-08-20 01:47 PM
. They should have been exposed a looooong time ago.

No one draws the correlation of the hit job they do on Black people and how that green lights how we are treated in society.(With total disrespect)

Everyone on that cooning buffoonish bs needs to be checked.

210409, Genuinely sad.
Posted by jane eyre, Sun Feb-09-20 11:00 AM
Whatever point people may have had about Gayle's interview, it was erased once I saw the Snoop video and watched the pile on it triggered.

The response is abusive and a toxic stew of the vilest misogyny, complete with the threat of violence. It's breathtakingly disrespectful and a display of character that's so revealing that I had to actively talk myself out of moving into a space where I was beginning to feel an irreparable rift between myself and Black men. I saw very few Black men taking issue with the response.

To perform such a hateful level of misogyny, let alone *in public*--is beyond the pale. It's meant to shame and belittle Gayle in ways that are unwarranted. It's unforgivable. The subtext of all the comments weaponize, encourage, and justify a strain of virulent, dangerous, misogyny.

Gayle is 65, I believe. I'd rather be in my grave than to disrespect someone in my parents' age group like that. The levels of disrespect for elders also blows. My. Mind.

There's a way to express strong agreement and then there's too far. This response is beyond too far.

Were some of the men chiming in also #GirlDads?

I want to believe that Kobe wouldn't want his fans or friends disrespecting, threatening, harassing or abusing Gayle in this manner even if he was upset by the line of questioning. I want to believe that. I don't know Kobe. But I want to believe that.

It's revolting and discouraging that some Black men are lining up, yet again, to defend a Black man with a complicated history that's related to sexual assault-- and that the route to get there is to blame, shame, and attack Black women.

I think the conversation about Gayle or Oprah's support or not of Black men accussed of sexual assault could've been had. That's one thing. But what I will NOT do is abuse Gayle in order to do it.

This type of thing shakes a person's sense of safety. Gayle should take the threats seriously. Learning self-defense, if she doesn't already, may help to channel some of her feelings...but it may also keep her safe. People are rash and the emotion of the situation encourages irrationality, even the irrationality of violence. I'm so so sorry that this hateful space is where some people are, when celebrating the lives of the souls we've lost should be the point. Lisa Leslie got that.

210410, I agree with everything you typed.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sun Feb-09-20 11:39 AM
>Whatever point people may have had about Gayle's interview,
>it was erased once I saw the Snoop video and watched the pile
>on it triggered.
>
>The response is abusive and a toxic stew of the vilest
>misogyny, complete with the threat of violence. It's
>breathtakingly disrespectful and a display of character that's
>so revealing that I had to actively talk myself out of moving
>into a space where I was beginning to feel an irreparable rift
>between myself and Black men. I saw very few Black men taking
>issue with the response.
>
>To perform such a hateful level of misogyny, let alone *in
>public*--is beyond the pale. It's meant to shame and belittle
>Gayle in ways that are unwarranted. It's unforgivable. The
>subtext of all the comments weaponize, encourage, and justify
>a strain of virulent, dangerous, misogyny.
>
>Gayle is 65, I believe. I'd rather be in my grave than to
>disrespect someone in my parents' age group like that. The
>levels of disrespect for elders also blows. My. Mind.
>
>There's a way to express strong agreement and then there's too
>far. This response is beyond too far.
>
>Were some of the men chiming in also #GirlDads?
>
>I want to believe that Kobe wouldn't want his fans or friends
>disrespecting, threatening, harassing or abusing Gayle in this
>manner even if he was upset by the line of questioning. I want
>to believe that. I don't know Kobe. But I want to believe
>that.
>
>It's revolting and discouraging that some Black men are lining
>up, yet again, to defend a Black man with a complicated
>history that's related to sexual assault-- and that the route
>to get there is to blame, shame, and attack Black women.
>
>I think the conversation about Gayle or Oprah's support or not
>of Black men accussed of sexual assault could've been had.
>That's one thing. But what I will NOT do is abuse Gayle in
>order to do it.
>
>This type of thing shakes a person's sense of safety. Gayle
>should take the threats seriously. Learning self-defense, if
>she doesn't already, may help to channel some of her
>feelings...but it may also keep her safe. People are rash and
>the emotion of the situation encourages irrationality, even
>the irrationality of violence. I'm so so sorry that this
>hateful space is where some people are, when celebrating the
>lives of the souls we've lost should be the point. Lisa Leslie
>got that.
>
>

210411, This
Posted by navajo joe, Sun Feb-09-20 12:06 PM
210412, Nah
Posted by Lurkmode, Sun Feb-09-20 12:25 PM
Snoop is wrong and went too far but that has nothing to do with Black men.
210413, RE: Nah
Posted by jane eyre, Mon Feb-10-20 04:45 PM
I think the sexism and misogyny in the remarks aren't unique to only Snoop. I think it's common to find men--Black, White, Latino, Asian, whatever--who internalize various shades of the perspective Snoop broadcast.

Gayle and Oprah have become a proxy for discussing race and gender. As much as the comments were targeted solely at Gayle, I think the comments, in context, engage a wider conversation that's been on people's minds.
210414, RE: Nah
Posted by Lurkmode, Thu Feb-13-20 11:13 AM
>I think the sexism and misogyny in the remarks aren't unique
>to only Snoop. I think it's common to find men--Black, White,
>Latino, Asian, whatever--who internalize various shades of the
>perspective Snoop broadcast.

I've heard women make comments similar to Snoop's comments.

>Gayle and Oprah have become a proxy for discussing race and
>gender. As much as the comments were targeted solely at Gayle,
>I think the comments, in context, engage a wider conversation
>that's been on people's minds.

I believe the wider conversation is lost and grief. A famous male journalist doing what Gayle did would get the same response if not worse.
210415, it's a safe assumption Kobe wouldnt be cool with the level of harassment
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Feb-09-20 01:04 PM
Or really any level of harassment. I cant imagine a scenario where he would be.

I dont think it negates that it was shitty of her to go there in this interview. Most of the people criticizing her aren't wishing death on her or all that extra shit. I can see why you feel its overshadowed it though

People get in this mob mentality and they don't care whether someone is remorseful or a human being, they just wanna outrage and mob
210416, this has definitely gone way too far.
Posted by tariqhu, Sun Feb-09-20 03:31 PM
yes, Gayle messed up, but that doesn't warrant this level of response. its pretty surprising that a nearly 50 year old snoop inplies violence against a 65 yr woman. this doesn't help anybody.
210417, The narcissism is astounding
Posted by Musa, Sun Feb-09-20 04:03 PM
I've hear people say similar about Whitlock.

Nobody cares that she is a women she is putting the lives of millions of Black men in jeopardy when she jumps on the anti black media bandwagon adding to our dehumanization.

Then we have to deal with hamster headed negros and racist and their flunkies who eat up these projections of our character being less than.

All the puppets should be put on notice in fact Snoop ain't go far enough he should have said the puppet masters are next.
210418, RE: The narcissism is astounding
Posted by The Wordsmith, Sun Feb-09-20 10:42 PM
THANK YOU!!!

That 'sympathy for the devil' mentality has been a burden on Black people. I'm tired of us feeling sorry for folks who do nothing but hurt our folks over and over. For centuries there was always some 'yassa/yass'm bawse' negro doing their master's bidding that ultimately hurt movements, revolts, future plans for the community, etc. It's time for that to stop for good.

I'm not mad at Snoop at all for his rebuke. Sell out negroes need to be called out, shamed, and if the situation calls for it, have hands put on them. The day of the c**ns and mammies is over. I wish I WOULD play myself defending Gayle when she and her cohort have all the smoke for Black men but when it comes to white dudes, they either have excuses, compassion, or they're outright silent. It's time for both Gayle and Oprah to catch heat.

Since 1976
210419, If most black men felt like yall about threatening a 65 year old black woman,
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-10-20 09:53 AM
then they'd be right about us. Fortunately, you guys are fringe and on some other shit.

Yall are part of the problem and don't even know it. SMH.

210420, Naw you are low key cooning
Posted by Musa, Mon Feb-10-20 10:09 AM
All the Black judges and DA's, police etc that railroad innocent Black people(usually men) should feel threatened regardless of age.

All the sellouts in media that push anti black propaganda woman or man in music, radio, television etc should feel as safe as Black people driving through a notoriously racist town on the highway.

Keep your head on a swivel.

(unless they are minors and have no clue they are tools of racism/white supremacy myths).
210421, You don't see the irony of arguing "Black Men Should F'Up anyone...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-10-20 11:46 AM
promoting the stereotype that Black Men are Violent"?

210422, No because we all know its a terrible lie
Posted by Musa, Mon Feb-10-20 08:34 PM
and projection of the Eurasians historical and current behavior.

Black men have become too soft and forgiving. If people really felt threatened they would think twice before slandering us in media 24/7 and the police would think twice before they try to brutalize and run up on us.
210423, When Susan Rice defends Gayle
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Feb-10-20 11:41 AM

by saying if You come for GayleKing, you come against an army. You will lose, and it won’t be pretty.”

is helping ?

then they'd be right about us. Fortunately, you guys are
>fringe and on some other shit.
>
>Yall are part of the problem and don't even know it. SMH.
>
>

The problem is believing the Hype.
210424, We get looked down upon even when we play by the so called rules.
Posted by The Wordsmith, Tue Feb-11-20 09:05 PM
Who cares what they think if they're going to think it anyway? I'm sorry but my heart doesn't bleed for coons and mammies. Too many folks have died, too many movements have died, too many uprisings have been stifled all because of coons and mammies.

That being the bigger man mentality has done nothing but let the offenders off the hook while we continue to catch hell. I'm not going to feel sorry for a chick who throws Black men under the bus all day while she's either making excuses for or remaining silent for white men accused of the same thing the Black men are accused of.

Since 1976
210425, Exactly.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Tue Feb-11-20 06:30 PM
210426, i love snoop but he went way too far
Posted by makaveli, Mon Feb-10-20 08:45 AM
and of course he doesn't take responsibility for his own words when he's called on it.
210427, I thought he walked it back or apologized?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-10-20 10:36 AM
and how many people really thought his threat was legit?

and it’s snoop. It was disrespectful but it wasn’t as bad as some are trying to make it given the frustration over another attempt to drag a dead man through the mud a week after he died with his daughter.

210428, He did walk it back
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Feb-10-20 11:33 AM

https://popculture.com/2020/02/09/snoop-dogg-clarifies-gayle-king-remarks-kobe-bryant-controversy/

>and how many people really thought his threat was legit?

Yeah people going too far taking that serious.
210429, he said before we come get you
Posted by makaveli, Mon Feb-10-20 12:21 PM
those are his words. he could have just said it was poor choice of words instead of saying it wasn't a threat because it does sound like one. he's not wrong to criticize her, but saying shit like that is taking it way too far.
210430, Snoop says a lot of shit online.. just like most rappers
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-11-20 11:01 AM
Did you really think for one second Snoop had people ready to ride on Gayle?

I’m sick of people taking internet tough talk seriously. It’s like Americans can’t use their brains anymore.

210431, You've completely missed the point.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Tue Feb-11-20 03:39 PM
But also... while I don't think Snoop was ready to ride on Gayle.... his reach is too far, his followers and fans too many, and the internet too uncontrollable... for that message to not be taken seriously.
210432, What Snoop said was wrong
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-11-20 03:46 PM
and the internet is a horrible place

I seriously doubt Snoop made people move on Gayle online. That was happening already.

210433, i don't think snoop was ready to do a drive by
Posted by makaveli, Tue Feb-11-20 05:09 PM
it was just an irresponsible thing to say. i wouldn't blame her at all for feeling threatened.
210434, Snoop was outta pocket....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Feb-10-20 11:43 AM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
210435, Erica Cobb said what most black men have been thinking...
Posted by lsymone, Mon Feb-10-20 12:12 PM
https://twitter.com/search?q=erica%20cobb&src=typed_query

https://twitter.com/ithl123/status/1226017764671991808
210436, Well Put
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-10-20 12:48 PM
I mean I have always been skeptical of the mantra "Believe All Women" because it runs counter to my experience and the knowledge that though false accusations of rape is rare, Black Men are disproportionately the victim of it. I grew up in the South and my parents made so Emmet Till, Scottsboro Boys were lessons I learned early (that and my dad almost losing his mind when he saw a white girl riding in my car).

I think all allegations should be heard and investigated and treated seriously, but you can't get me to sign off the blanket statement "Believe All Women given the history of this country specificallya nd especially if it involves a black man and a white woman. I am not worried about it for me, I am grown and have already navigated all of this stuff, but I am raising two black boys in this country.

You would think that's a reasonable position but it requires nuance and RJCC is representative of how people aren't there for the nuance. It's super frustrating to hear the lack of nuance or understanding context coming from black people (black men even). And then it doesn't help when you have morons coming at it like Snoop Dog and some of the folks in this post.

I just hope the extremes you hear on both ends isn't really representative about how people view these issue IRL and these are only online debates.

210437, RE: Well Put
Posted by lsymone, Mon Feb-10-20 02:10 PM
>I mean I have always been skeptical of the mantra "Believe
>All Women" because it runs counter to my experience and the
>knowledge that though false accusations of rape is rare, Black
>Men are disproportionately the victim of it. I grew up in the
>South and my parents made so Emmet Till, Scottsboro Boys were
>lessons I learned early (that and my dad almost losing his
>mind when he saw a white girl riding in my car).
>
>I think all allegations should be heard and investigated and
>treated seriously, but you can't get me to sign off the
>blanket statement "Believe All Women given the history of this
>country specificallya nd especially if it involves a black man
>and a white woman. I am not worried about it for me, I am
>grown and have already navigated all of this stuff, but I am
>raising two black boys in this country.

DNA which was used to put more black men in prison, turns out to be their savior as we countless see with these articles and many more to come

https://research.msu.edu/innocent-african-americans-more-likely-to-be-wrongfully-convicted/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/florida-pardons-4-black-men-accused-of-1949-rape

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/nyregion/innocence-project-manhattan-rape.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-exonerated-wrongful-rape-conviction-36-years-prison/story?id=61865415

Ida B Wells said it herself in her autobiography as an investigative reporter, the 1st in the country to do it, that after the emancipation of blacks- immediately the lynching began based off of "rape" accusations by black men to white women.

210438, who said the mantra was "believe all women"?
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Feb-10-20 08:46 PM
cite this.

210439, imagine being such a fuckin loser you have to bring up my name
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Feb-10-20 08:49 PM
because you're obsessed with me, when I haven't said shit about guilt or innocence.

210440, You follow me from post to post, but I am obsessed with you. LOL.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Feb-11-20 10:26 AM
I literally actively avoid you as best I can but you find your way to my posts all the time. I will offer it to you again, I will never mention your name or respond to any post you make, if you leave my name out your mouth and never respond to any post I make.

I can easily do it. You are incapable of it and you know it. For some sad reason you need me in your life. I am sorry for you but, the feeling at mutual.

You should keep in mind I know this (and anyone else paying attention) every time you can't help but try to engage with me.

210441, You say this every few months and then slip up
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-11-20 11:08 AM
You gotta fight the power to engage Gary Gnu

210442, you don't have to make an offer to keep my name out of your mouth
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Feb-11-20 06:49 PM
it's just being a man of principle and integrity.

you decide to do something and then you stick by it. I have no control over your actions.

go find a real man somewhere in your zip code and he can explain it to you.

210443, #facts
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Feb-11-20 03:56 PM
210444, she sounded like a fucking idiot
Posted by CherNic, Thu Feb-13-20 11:47 AM
210445, way to make it about yourself, Gayle...
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Tue Feb-11-20 09:28 AM
210446, This is the fun part where Snoop apologizes and admits he is wrong
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Feb-13-20 10:36 AM
but the people here who said Snoop was right for going off on a 60 year old black women will continue to argue snoop was right in the first place (and now have to make the convoluted argument that the person who they claimed was right when everyone said he was wrong is now wrong when he is doing what everyone agrees is the right thing).

210447, They were both wrong.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Feb-13-20 11:41 AM
210448, Not many said he was right. Most said they understood his frustration
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-13-20 11:57 AM
Glad to see he apologized.

210449, props to Snoop for that
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Feb-13-20 06:14 PM
his first walk back was kinda dismissive but here he broke down the why and owned up to where he was wrong.

if people are still mad at him after this he's free to tell them to fuck off.
210450, I'm glad he walked it all the way back.
Posted by Brew, Thu Feb-13-20 09:17 PM
>his first walk back was kinda dismissive but here he broke
>down the why and owned up to where he was wrong.
>
>if people are still mad at him after this he's free to tell
>them to fuck off.

He needed to. That shit was cringey as fuck, and that's putting it super lightly. I know Snoop's playing a character half the time on those selfie videos he always takes, but he took it to a highly inappropriate/unnecessary place and really needed to apologize and clear the air.
210451, i made the mistake of watching a morning joe clip on this
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Feb-13-20 11:01 PM
while Joe thought his apology was solid Mika wanted to keep lecturing on his "so-called apology" and took exception to his two wrongs don't make a right opening That's as far as i got, and my initial reaction was i hope snoop makes a Mika video (I don't reeeally mean that)
210452, you gotta love yourself more than that man
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Feb-13-20 11:47 PM

210453, five minutes I can never get back
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Feb-14-20 03:58 AM
210454, wellness to me means all things in balance (c) oprah
Posted by Reeq, Sat Feb-29-20 10:34 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Kbxi7nFI9/
210455, Snoop wasn't really sorry lol.
Posted by Brew, Sat Feb-29-20 11:05 PM
snoopdogg
Verified