Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectCouples should respect their guests
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=209988&mesg_id=210220
210220, Couples should respect their guests
Posted by MEAT, Tue Feb-11-20 04:50 PM
I don’t know why this is a difficult thing for you to grasp.
I want my adult relationships to treat me as an adult. You got people in this world that want to manicure you for the sake of them and that’s whack.
There was recently a post on social media talking about a wedding party where the bride wanted everyone clean shaven and that included one of the groomsmen with dreads. The fucking gall to even ask that.
You got people that’ll say “no bfs/gfs” because they want to ensure that if “they going to spend money on you and a guest it’s something you committed to already”
The nerve
You have to respect the people in your life, that they’ll make the best choices for you and your relationship. And if someone isn’t capable of doing that then maybe they shouldn’t be someone you invite to this special function
For our guest list I allowed everyone on my side a plus one. MOST of the uncoupled didn’t bring dates, not because I said they shouldn’t but because they didn’t want to. One couple had teenagers, they left them at home, their choice.
Some people left an hour into the reception, they said they’re gonna double up their dc trip and party.
Etc
At the end of the night everyone made their choices and it was a respectful and fun ass night. Because the hundreds of adults in the room got to make their adult ass choices without us on some diva shit.

When you start to play dollhouse with your friends and loved ones, you’re not respecting your relationships to them. And that’s gross.