Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectYou express opinions, but don't actually own them.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=209988&mesg_id=210216
210216, You express opinions, but don't actually own them.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Feb-11-20 07:27 PM
>I can't keep up with your paragraphs. Historically I just
>kind of gloss over what you say. I've told you this before
>and you did another paragraph.
>
>But I'm sorry for not responding respectfully to your attempts
>to engage respectfully.

You ask if an apology would help, as though I've expressed hurt or offense, rather than simply point out the petty, spiteful tact you used because you couldn't handle a thoughtful, though generally unfavorable, take on the topic you started.

It's entertaining though, I'll give you that. You think that people getting married should cater to the whims and desires of everyone- including you- but themselves, on a day that should belong to them.

You also think that you throwing a smug, petty ego tantrum complete with hilariously ironic jabs about "misery rotting from the inside"is about me taking the time and care to provide complete thoughts instead of half assed sound bites.

You also present opinions as though they are autonomous, entirely separate from you, and not coming directly from you, and a reflection of your thoughts.

To recap;

You think the most important day in theives of two human beings, neither of which is you, is, or at least should be, about you.

You also think that your overly aggressive, non-sequitur replies to me are justified by the number of words I write, when ignoring the actual content of what I write.

You express opinions, but don't actually own them.