Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectWell we never made any money off of this but ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=209779&mesg_id=209904
209904, Well we never made any money off of this but ...
Posted by Brew, Tue Jan-15-19 01:26 PM
It's up to over 5 million views which is kinda cool.

And even better than that - presumably due to the fact that it's still been getting hits over three years later, a casting producer for Kelly Clarkson's upcoming tour e-mailed me and my cousin in December. He said they were looking to get some of her biggest fans involved in a documentary they're doing about said tour, complete w/VIP & backstage access, and meeting KC. So I FaceTimed with this casting guy back before Christmas to try and explain just how big a deal this would be for her. I was basically like, you see her reaction to the damn flash mob ? Multiply that by a trillion haha. Add to that the fact that my wife is actually a naturally hilarious person, no bullshit she's the funniest person I've ever known personally. I've been urging her to get on stage locally for years. So getting her involved in any widely-distributed documentary, or whatever it is, would be beneficial for all involved, IMO.

Anyway I just got a call from the casting guy, confirming that we were fucking approved. Holy shit. All I know as of now is about the above-referenced documentary/video involvement, VIP access/meet&greet type thing, and we'll be sitting in the front rows of one of her Boston shows in March. Outside of that he's gonna get back to me with all the other details. Can't even really put into words how amped I am to surprise the wife with this - obviously she will be over the moon about meeting her idol, someone who's inspired her tremendously for YEARS. Shit I'll prolly have a lifelong hall pass to do anything I want forever haha.

I know I know - WPS. Haha. Nah but in all seriousness I'm pretty fucking excited to be able to play even a small part in making this happen for her. She's wanted to meet KC forever. It'd be like me meeting Snoop or Nas backstage or something.