Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThank you!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=209779&mesg_id=209901
209901, Thank you!!
Posted by Brew, Fri Dec-18-15 09:06 AM
>Second..seeing that band on stage made me miss my band so
>much. Singing at wedding receptions is so much fun

I bet. I had fun just doing the two Snoop songs I did with the band haha. Kind of felt like I missed my calling.

That band (Felix Brown is their name, look them up on YouTube) is FANTASTIC. The wife and I both separately were huge fans of them before we even got together. I spent 3 straight summers renting a house in Newport RI on the beach and they would play once every few weeks at a local Newport blues bar. They quickly became a band I followed online and saw at any opportunity in Boston and elsewhere. When we were first planning the wedding we actually booked the band for a date before we even had a venue haha. That's how bad we wanted them to play our wedding.

There was a scary moment a few weeks before the wedding....the lead singer, who was kind of the main reason we loved them so much (he was the energy of the band and was the guy who did most of the hip-hop stuff) quit the band. We got an e-mail from the guitarist who was kinda the band's lead businessman. We tried to talk Mike (the lead singer) into doing one last show but he refused. We were pretty fired up since we booked them a year prior and thought he should honor his contract. But the band assured us they had a fill in who was just as good. Turned out they weren't bullshitting, the backup guy was excellent. Bullet dodged. The wife was not happy when she first got the news haha.

Anyway - how long ago did you have a band and why don't you play anymore? I imagine that being extremely fun.