Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectSo a video from my wedding is kinda starting to go viral.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=209779&mesg_id=209779
209779, So a video from my wedding is kinda starting to go viral.
Posted by Brew, Wed Feb-12-20 11:27 AM
My wife's cousins set up a flash mob to a song by Kelly Clarkson who is (hilariously) my wife's all time favorite singer. Wife is *extremely* animated and excitable so when the whole thing started to take shape at the reception she absolutely lost her shit. It was hysterical. My cousin was the videographer and took a pretty damn good video of the whole thing, and popped it onto his YouTube page just assuming all of us could see it and maybe it would branch out to friends of friends and things like that. We joked that the video was gonna explode and the wife would be on Ellen or some shit, but we didn't really have any kind of true expectations.

Fast forward 2 months and some blogger got ahold of the video. As of Monday at noon the video had 2,000 views on YouTube. As of right now it has 101,000 and counting (fast). Pretty cool. My cousin got a contract offer from some company in LA for the rights to the video but the contract was shit, very heavily weighted to benefit the buyer. So we're gonna wait it out and see if it blows up to the point that we get more and better offers.

Anyway pretty cool stuff. We'll see if it goes anywhere. If nothing else it's cool to be able to say a video from our wedding hit 100k in views.

I suppose you guys could help by going to check it out. It's on Facebook on a page called "Rare". Or you could just go to YouTube and type in "Kelly Clarkson bride freak out" and it's the first result, or should be. Share it with your friends! Get us to a million! We're trying to retire and shit. Haha.

Edited to include video. No idea why I didn't post it originally haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuG8yhoE2Ts