Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectIt wasn't because he rejected her.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208817&mesg_id=209107
209107, It wasn't because he rejected her.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon May-13-19 09:43 AM
The way I see it is she was still open to the option of getting with Jon and she would be queen and he would be King. It's the choice Varys and Tyrion discussed. It's the only way she could contain the peoples love of Jon Snow. When he rejected that option, she explicitly made the choice to rule by Fear.

I don't see her burning the city as an act of passion, I think it was a cold-blooded decision as part of her deciding to rule by fear exactly like when she roasted the Tarlys for not bending the knee.

Things are set in motion that her since of justice and being the rightful queen requires her to do. Like now she HAS to kill Jon Snow because he betrayed her and she is the biggest threat to her throne. She has to kill Tyrion because he betrayed her and she warned him not to fail her again.

I think this is all build up to the theme that to run shit you have to be a Tyrant and do all sorts of terrible things, that's why Jon doesn't want to be the King.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"