Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectF it, I really liked that episode.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208817&mesg_id=209102
209102, F it, I really liked that episode.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon May-13-19 06:09 AM
It's the first episode in a long time that subverted our moral expectations. The show was great early for priming us for a Hollywood ending then going into a super dark place that actually was sitting there all along.

Dany has been a terrible person. We have cheered her on killing people for a very long time. We've watched her enjoy killing people with a real bloodlust. We've cheered her on because we thought the killings were justified. So it's not a huge leap to think she is justified in burning down king's landing since she has made the decision to rule by fear. If you plan to rule by fear, what better way then burn down a city.

They could have dumbed it down and set it up by her being triggered by seeing her dragon or her home girls head on a pike in the city but I think that would have undermined how cold blooded a decision it was.

Only thing I disliked about that episode was the Euron fight. But Euron never worked.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"