Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectDon't worry, I'll post the definition
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208817&mesg_id=208974
208974, Don't worry, I'll post the definition
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon May-13-19 10:12 AM
Because you said "The only one of which they'd seen was the one on the road that hit Drogon and didn't seem to pierce the skin."

The definition of pierce, according to Merriam-Webster is

transitive verb
1a : to run into or through as a pointed weapon does : stab
b : to enter or thrust into sharply or painfully
2 : to make a hole through : perforate
3 : to force or make a way into or through

So "embedding" into skin, as you put it, is doing absolutely what the definition says.

So, yeah, you're changing the definition of the word for your argument. And argument that's pointless now that you've said you weren't implying the dragons were invulnerable. It seemed to me that you were implying just that because you appeared to be saying that Dany had no reason to be wary because the last time they faced off against the scorpions, the bolt didn't even pierce the skin. She absolutely should have been wary because a scorpion bolt did pierce her dragon before, and sent him into freefall before her recovered moments before hitting the ground. And following that having a dragon taken out by another projectile weapon, in the form of the night king's spear... she should have absolutely been wary.

But since you weren't intending the dragons were thought invulnerable, there isn't a point in arguing.
Have a nice day.