Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectMJ and Sammy Sosa?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208549
208549, MJ and Sammy Sosa?
Posted by MiracleRic, Fri Jun-19-15 02:18 PM
u rejected them before but not sure why other than they didn't outright say "I'm white in a _____ body" although they did get the "treatments" to alter the way they look in more ways than one

but again all of this comes back to theories being backed largely by inconclusive science

bottom line for me is always pragmatism...the political side is important and a lack of pragmatism can be forgiven when proven necessary

body dysmorphic disorder is serious and if gender reassignment is what they want to do...i think they are well within their rights to do so and as a society we need to mature enough to allow people the social room to do so somewhat comfortably

but i think in any situation...trying to apply self-identity to social membership identity or legal identity is not pragmatic and also problematic

everyone is bringing up historical baggage that surrounds race but pardons it or minimizes it when it surrounds gender/sex...problematic

the 2 arenas where i think it's most problematic is justice system (read:prison) and sports...

there are some solutions offered in those arenas and they seem pretty inadequate

fuck it, i'm done

*logging off*