Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI considered my friend Black. She considered herself "bi-racial"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208434
208434, I considered my friend Black. She considered herself "bi-racial"
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Jun-16-15 10:51 AM
She is from Kenya and the fact that she had a white momma meant that she was regarded as White in Kenya.

I told her that was all bullshit now that she was in the states. I told her that she was black now and had to get use to it. She threw her drink in my face. Told me I was trying to get her to not acknowledge her white mother.

In retrospect that was a transracial discussion. American Society would identify her as black. She self-identified as "bi-racial". I spent a great deal of time trying to force her to accept the label that america would force on her.

In retrospect I think I was wrong for that.

In the end she married a bi-racial dude which made so much sense because they understood each other.

I am sure she probably identifies as black and bi-racial. Probably more likely to check the black box if it might help with a minority set aside. I ain't mad at her.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're