Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI don't think my point has been addressed yet.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208253
208253, I don't think my point has been addressed yet.
Posted by denny, Sun Jun-14-15 04:14 PM
In regards to this:

"Ok, but Bruce Jenner never had to deal with the daily injustices that a woman deals with in her lifetime, let alone the biological experience of pregnancy, menstrual cycles, and menopause. Yet, I don't hear these same voices now condemning Dolezal belittling Jenner's right to self-identify. So why the inconsistency?"

But Jenner never CLAIMED to have dealt with these daily injustices and experiences. Jenner did not become a spokesperson for women's issues. Jenner did not attempt to absolve herself of male privilege.

Rachel did all those things as they pertain to race. If Rachel had claimed to be transrace...she could do so without trying to deceptively attach herself to certain experiences she wasn't privy to. Ie: "I feel like a black person on the inside...but I don't know what it's like to have hair which, in it's natural state, is sometimes deemed inappropriate at the workplace and other social circumstances".