Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI'm with what Buddy said ultimately:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208199
208199, I'm with what Buddy said ultimately:
Posted by Mash_Comp, Sat Jun-13-15 11:01 AM
"My only issue with the concept of transrace is the idea of white folks taking advantage of programs that are set aside for minorities. Other than that why does anyone really give a fuk?"

Essentially, it's honestly too new of a concept (new meaning becoming a national buzzword, talk show topic, trending matter, etc.) for anyone to have a truly valuable comment on the situation without it veering into the opinion space.

Race and Gender are constructs that define one's human experience but to say race has a parallel with gender...it's tricky and almost dishonest to try and compare the two as if it's that static. I think we're all wise enough to realize it has and never will be that simple.

So, at the moment, just like most things that I'm not saddled with, if one wants to self-identify in a manner that makes them feel at peace, as long as it's not for selfish gain I'm largely going to keep it moving and not seek to tear it down.