Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectTo answer the ?, they say race isn't scientific but gender is.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208171
208171, To answer the ?, they say race isn't scientific but gender is.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Jun-12-15 09:41 PM
Meaning there's a measurable difference in hormones and whatnot when it comes to
men and women, the brain causes different parts of the body to develop, etc.

For one, if transrace and transgender are comparable, somebody gonna have to come up off
that lie that race is just a "social construct" and admit we ain't so alike. So that's
the first order of business. Somebody gonna have to be honest and stop lying about
why all these experiments keeps happening on us and why they trafficking organs.

For two, all this comparing it to people passing is silly, because people "pass" when
they already look a lot like the race they tryna pass for, and as Sha pointed out, secrecy
is a major component of that. So to make this comparable, are we saying the only
people who can really claim transrace are people who are half or already appear to
be the race they wanna pass for? How does this compare to transgender folks when
they go through "gender reassignment surgery"? You can tell me all day that your
past doesn't make you a man or a woman or that experiences don't contribute to it,
but I'm really gonna need you to fall down telling me the same is true for race.

And that leads to number 3. The government decides what race you are. Look at
Mustafa Hefny who has been fighting for years to be called black. That's not even
him trying to change what he is. That's him trying to be recognized as what he is...
ACCORDING to this "social construct" called race. Understand why that is, and then
get at me with this comparison.
Does the government do this to women or men over here? Is anyone born with a
penis fighting to be called or man or born with a vagina fighting to be called a woman?
I can't take nobody seriously who ignores white supremacy in this discussion.