Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectMy question is why are people trying so hard to distinguish the two?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208126
208126, My question is why are people trying so hard to distinguish the two?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jun-12-15 04:52 PM
Can we all admit that all the reasons listed here and in other place are really really weak and unconvincing? I mean don't ppl feel that little knot in your stomach telling you that you sound just like all those people who tried to make arguments against transgenderism?

I think the transgendered community is doing themselves a huge disservice and are being super short sighted working so hard to distinguish the two.

It comes off as if their arguments for the right to self-identify are completely self-serving and an argument of convenience.

My only issue with the concept of transrace is the idea of white folks taking advantage of programs that are set aside for minorities. Other than that why does anyone really give a fuk?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're