Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecti get confused for conservative on this topic but i'm not
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208072
208072, i get confused for conservative on this topic but i'm not
Posted by MiracleRic, Fri Jun-12-15 01:03 PM
i think if we are going to fight for identity as individually-defined in personal and emotional ways...it defeats the (already questionable) purpose of those divisions in the first place

one random small example...transgender MtF woman MMA fighter beat the living brakes off a genetic female woman and it was controversial as hell

that division has purpose and use...to make that division so malleable is problematic imho not bc i care that his genetic male wants to live life as a woman without having to actually face the female life choices that are closely tied to womanhood to some extent

i think both are problematic bc nobody seems capable of letting the divisions go...

i'm ok with the further deterioration (shit, im all for it) of gender roles...and possibly race related cultural traits as well but I think there are societal impacts that should be thought out with less #TEAMConservative and #TEAMProgressive and more balance, pragmatic, and a big-picture rather than an individualist and emotional ideas about how identity should be treated and it's purpose in our society in general