Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThis is one of the hardest things I’ll ever have to go through.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=205262&mesg_id=205518
205518, This is one of the hardest things I’ll ever have to go through.
Posted by Koku, Tue Dec-05-17 08:31 PM
As soon as I’d found out her condition was worsening I committed to going
up to the hospital every week to make sure she knew we loved and supported her.

I’d initially found out she was this sick b/c her husband and then sister contacted
me, and I was told I needed to come to the hospital immediately.

A bunch of OKPs fellowship elsewhere on the internets, so I made her condition
known there. I gave updates. In hindsight, I wish I would’ve thought to post here, but I thought
it was tumbleweeds up in here (platinum poast in 2017 who knew? 👀)

Many thanks to everyone who was able to make the trips up. We were able to raise
enough money to buy her gifts & also donate the remainder. (I also can provide family info for
those interested via inbox.)

I’d known things were getting pretty bad each trip up, but I never let on that it was
hard to see her like that. The first visit she was even making cancer jokes!! Who makes
cancer jokes?! And ones that land?! We laugh to keep from crying, but nah Sha is
funny as fuck so we were laughing b/c she was hilarious.

Words cannot express how much I loved that girl. She was the
most supportive person that I know, & you could dead ass be selling shoes made of
ice cubes & she would place an order.

It is INCREDIBLY difficult to deal with this, but I can assure y’all 100% that Stacey
passed knowing that she was loved by her family & friends which include all of you.
I’ve seen Stacey at different stages of her illness, & when I saw her last night, even
though she was unresponsive, she was at her most peaceful. I knew it was time, &
I knew she was ready. A few of us went out to celebrate her life.

Please think of Momo, her father, her brother, and her sisters. They meant the world
to her, & they need our love & support too.

RIP Stacey Bazu Liburd 💖💖💖

I shared a note on my Instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/BcU624mhqWp/