Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectNah. If it doesn't happen it still wouldn't make you "right"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=203966&mesg_id=204129
204129, Nah. If it doesn't happen it still wouldn't make you "right"
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Dec-08-15 01:08 PM
I don’t mean that in an argumentative sense.

I think it would mean that we dodged a bullet more than it would mean anyone really “knew” he couldn’t or wouldn’t win.

The people who are championing this lunatic are buying into him the same way they buy into memes as deeply profound philosophical statements and for the same reasons.

I can’t recall any candidate who has appealed more strongly to low common denominators.

You know what the number one and two things I hear people say about why they’ll vote for him?

1. HE SAYS WHAT’S ON HIS MIND.

2. HE’S A BILLIONAIRE WHO KNOWS HOW TO RUN AN ECONOMY.

Between that and the “America is the greatest country/we don’t win anything anymore/MEXICANS, ARABS, AND MUSLIMS, OH NO! /Brown People Are Coming!” rhetoric, he’s got what appears to be legions of lemmings at his beck and call.

Maybe he doesn’t have enough juice to win but he’s been an absolute freight train thus far in a way that has mystified even the GOP and nobody among their projected superstars looks like they’re capable of taking him down either. Maybe Rubio has some steam but after that? Shit Jeb now looks like the dunce brother in a family that includes Dubbyuh.

Also, I don’t think for a second he’s pulling some ropeadope double agent shit for the Dems.

We should all take him very seriously and breathe a sigh of relief if/when he loses at some point.