Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectokay, fine. let's split hairs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=203729&mesg_id=203911
203911, okay, fine. let's split hairs
Posted by atruhead, Wed Aug-24-16 05:06 PM
because "I think it's okay to corrupt kids" and "I dont see anything wrong behavior that could potentially corrupt kids" are REALLY that different

below are the exact 2015 words copied and pasted from someone mad about a 1991 gay bashing song. take up for this psychopath if you want to

but i'm not overly concerned about kids seeing someone masturbate. i can't tell from your narrative if the kids could even see him. though if they could i wouldn't be too troubled - masturbation is part of life and kids either already know what it is or will know soon enough.

i think we make too big a deal of public masturbation - even in front of kids. i think we work too hard to 'protect' kids from the idea of sex not for their own good but for ours. i dunno that kids would be scarred by seeing a guy masturbate. b/c what's the big deal about masturbation? kids do it too.

i genuinely don't think public masturbation is a big deal - even if kids see it. i genuinely think we expend way too much effort attempting to 'shield' kids from sex unnecessarily. i genuinely don't believe kids will be scarred if they see a guy manipulating his penis for his own pleasure. i genuinely believe we attempt to keep kids from sex b/c we think sex is dirty and we want kids to exist as some repository of 'innocence' for OUR benefit more than for theirs. i genuinely think kids have no reason to make a big deal of sex unless WE give them reasons by panicking about it.