Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectSensitive, nah. I agree how it was always ignorant tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=203427&mesg_id=203666
203666, Sensitive, nah. I agree how it was always ignorant tho
Posted by BigReg, Thu Oct-13-16 03:46 PM
There's a difference between people posting dumb shit and getting heck for it, and people intentionally being mean.

Like Ill see a post go up with no replies, think to myself "they fucked up with that one" and unsurprisingly come back after an hour of work and suddenly that shit is just a bloody train wreck. Did the crowd go a little nuts? Sometimes Yeah, but its not hard to figure out how it went poast and ultimately to see how they did it to themselves.

However, there's an underbelly here that just posts just to shit on people maybe to get some negativity out. Which I am not necessarily opposed to since we are all relatively adults and can 'handle' ourselves including attacks. Some great posts were made by assholes. My issue is only three fold;

1)at a certain level it becomes this loop where the original topic is ignored and its just one big personal argument loop which brings nothing to the table(not even jokes), hence why they tend to get deleted.

2)People stalking/purposely poking the bear

3)People throwing stones/hide hands and try to act like it's not what they are doing. Its like come on man, we've all been arguing on the internet too long and we all know the tricks. So it devolves into a 'he/she started first!' like kindergardeners

This was ALWAYS a part of OKP, heck will always be a part of any community online or not. Only thing is that since the posts aren't as plentiful as they used to be when people used to get the bile off their chest by the end of the morning for instance, now it's all day sagas.

>I am
>you are
>she is
>they is...
>
>I think it's unfair tho to get mad and call people names
>because the opinion is different. Im also tired of the
>bullshit argument about what "OKP used to be"
>
>okp ALWAYS had ignorant people/comments. We're growing older
>and can't tolerate a lot anymore.
>
>and mainstream ain't gone....they're lurking!