Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectIt's not that simple tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=203427&mesg_id=203661
203661, It's not that simple tho
Posted by BigReg, Thu Oct-13-16 04:09 PM
>There aren't any rape jokes (at least any about raping
>WOmen). There is no joking or alluding to violence against
>women. I see very little use of negative language against
>women here like "bitch" "ho" "skank" etc. Trump's remarks were
>denounced here.

You gave the, 'Well, you guys aren't getting lynched, so racism is cured' answer.

SURE, ill millyrock down the road that the verbiage is pretty tame here compared to other places.

But that doesn't mean there aren't asshole posts. You've been here long enough man, YOU KNOW there are posters here irl that irrationally harbor hate for some women (and visa versa too). That whole they married/etc stuff is besides the point, Trump married with girls, Cosby got a daughter, lol.

And its like, look man, I go to other corners on the internet where someone puts up a benign point, "Why do girls take so long in the bathroom" and get attacked for it, I GET IT. But honestly that's not OKP...we aren't that nuanced (that word!) yet. This place is more Mad Men then not. SOMETIMES, Its jokes. That I get, that's funny. But its not hard to see some people are posting from a damaged place even if they don't realize it