Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI watched a youtube vid of a concert at Capital Hall from 1982.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=203050&mesg_id=203306
203306, I watched a youtube vid of a concert at Capital Hall from 1982.
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Apr-25-16 08:04 AM
gotdamn I wish I was a little older so I could witness his earlier shows.

My dad took my oldest sister to see this concert when it came to Pittsburgh.

My sister took me to see Purple Rain at the Fulton Movie Theatre downtown. On the day it came out she went to the first showing at 10AM and watched every showing until Midnight. Both my sister's were fans from day 1 so I had no problem picking Prince over MJ. Something about that music spoke to me when tho MJ had some hits and the videos to match. Prince was just funky.

She also took me to see my first Prince concert in 1988. The Lovesexy Tour. They had a basketball hoop on the stage and he hit a 15 footer. This is what made the Chapelle skit hilarious for me. I saw Prince put the ball through is legs 3 times in heels then hit a jumper in front of 20K people then go back to playing music like it was nothing. I knew that story had to be true.

I saw Prince 2 more times. He came to Charlotte a few years ago and we got there late cause my wife had to work. We were so pissed we said fuck it and bought tickets to the Greensboro show and Chaka opened up for him.

last but not least, I used to work in Philly on 15th and Locust and one day a tour bus stops and Prince runs out in heels and asked the newspaper stand for directions. I froze. I didn't believe I just saw what I just saw at 10AM on a random Friday.