Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThe problem is 'Lib wasn't trying to preach beyond the choir
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=199570&mesg_id=199762
199762, The problem is 'Lib wasn't trying to preach beyond the choir
Posted by imcvspl, Sat Aug-23-14 10:43 AM
He was seizing the moment on national cable television to make sure all of the folk that already agree with him would cheer him on.

It's a lack of tactics. You don't go on CNN and start the conversation off with white supremacy and the evils of the media. That's the type of shit you save for TruthOut or some shit. You go into CNN with a plan that's going to actually give some insight into your perspective for *their audience*. Coming off like an angry black man does nothing for the cause in that situation.

He would have been far more poignant actually talking about what had happened to him the night before and garnering the sympathies of vierwers than worrying about the media white supremacy etc. Rather than saying what they hadn't reported on use the opportunity to actually report it. Because if you start with critiquing the medium you're using you've got to know that medium is going to defend itself. If instead you present the alternative you've actually coopted the medium which is far more effective.

But for that circle of activists the pats on the back for sticking it to the man's coon live on the air... i guess that's that good shit, even though it sets the cause back.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."