Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI have not followed dude's post, but..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=198911&mesg_id=199429
199429, I have not followed dude's post, but..
Posted by BabyYoda, Wed Sep-03-14 03:46 PM
What I do not understand is why some people equate Mike Sam's sexual orientation to his athletic prowess? As if him being gay is the reason why he lacks talent. But, the thing is that Mike Sam does have talent. You do not win co MVP of a top notch college conference lacking talent. Not everyone gets invited to the combine, let alone get drafted and they certainly do not get released right at the 53 man mark. To even experience any of those feats is an accomplishment in itself.

I know that Mike may not be as talented as some NFL players at his position. I know he has limitations as far as what he can do from an athletic stand point, but to his favor, he has the heart and a decent level of talent to work on his craft and improve. Mike is going through what a lot of players go through every year. Some make it to the next level while most do not.

Maybe so called fans need to check their level of expectation of football players and stop acting like someone is a failure because they did not make an active roster as a rookie. It is extremely difficult to make it to the NFL. Those who know football know this.