Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectthis should not be a 'pass go, collect $200' type deal.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=198218&mesg_id=198534
198534, this should not be a 'pass go, collect $200' type deal.
Posted by poetx, Mon Sep-08-14 12:11 PM
>severe suspension and fine? absolutely

nfl has banned folks before with potential for reinstatement. but if they are serious about this, it should not be equivalent to 'his piss was dirty. sit out 4 games. come back'.

i just think there should be a higher barrier of reentry than some run of the mill ish in this case. and i think the video substantiates it, because it takes it out of the realm of he-say / she-say.

>
>mandatory counseling...absolutely.

yep. anger mgmt. dv counseling. and whatever else they want to throw on there. and that's why i said 'ban' as opposed to a finite suspension. i'm not for keeping dude from ever being able to play ball again. but he needs to show that he understands and has made changes. his lesson can't be 'don't pop my girl when i know its videos around'.

that's all i'm saying.

>
>but you can't take away the man's livelihood. and i'm sure his
>spouse doesn't want that as well.

i addressed that, above.

>
>people kill me w/ this brand new attitude when it comes to
>domestic violence...especially when it involves a public
>figures.

how is this brand new? i was on some benefit of the doubt shit when this came out. as i said in my earlier reply, i was thinking that she was close to pass out drunk, was belligerent, and attacking him, and there was an element (however silly it seems) of self-defense or reflex to him retaliating. i saw NONE of that in this video.

it looked to me like he thought she was outta line and straight punched her in the face. what is brand new is the video which, for me, at least, removes ANY potential plea cops.

>
>i can guarantee you there have been WAAAAAAY worse incidents
>involving NFL players and mates....multiple incidents
>involving the same player too but because this was caught on
>tape he's gonna be crucified by the NFL because of the public
>outrage.

yep. and that's unfortunate for those that didn't get caught. again, the video removes reasonable doubt. the nfl is not in position to equivocate because the video is pretty plain. she wasn't 1/10 as turnt up as solange and dude coldly knocked her out.

>
>men have been beating their mates since the beginning of time.
>Hell, people in relationships have been beating each other
>since the beginning of time.

cops been killing black men for years. why the outrage now?

>why the uber outrage now?
>
>incidents like this just don't incite outrage in me anymore. i
>save that outrage for serial abusers
>
>sad all the way around.

i'm not saying end this dude's life over this. but two games and an 'i do' might convince him that its cool to be a serial abuser.

and i admit that i'm very leery of the new rules going forward for the NFL, and that there is potential for over-correction, or abuse by potential victims. that's going to be potentially problematic. but how clear of a picture do you need in order to let the rest of the league know that *runs video* -- this shit right here -- is not going to be tolerated?

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
** i move away from the mic to breathe in