Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThat's dope though. We need MORE films where straight people go "Ewww."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=195927&mesg_id=196125
196125, That's dope though. We need MORE films where straight people go "Ewww."
Posted by Goldmind, Tue Oct-28-14 02:57 PM
We need more films that make straight people feel uncomfortable, more TV shows that make them shift in disgust in their seats, more well done art that brings out the very worst in them. Homophobes aren't gonna lie down without a fight. But part of slaying our enemies is having the stomach to watch them squirm lol.

I'm arguing for a change in perspective. The whole situation is rather beautiful if you think about it: Here we have a young, Black gay director collecting money from straight Black people who pay to see his widely acclaimed film that features gay characters. I doubt that this would have been possible 10 years ago. But now that the door is unlocked, it's time to buss it wide open.

With that said, I'm glad you spoke up when they showed their asses. I think it would be dope to build a campaign of shame around homophobic reactions to the film.