Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subject^^
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=192676&mesg_id=193042
193042, ^^
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Nov-19-14 12:48 PM
plus in many of these cases the rapists will tell the victims that if they report they'll face severe negative consequence. like w/the Bryan Singer case - one of the guys who came forward claims the rapists threatened his family and showed him a room full of guns to back up the threat. it's not uncommon for victims to be told they'll never work in *insert industry here* if they report what happened.

all of that can weigh on a young, inexperienced mind. they tend to believe these threats. and hell, look at what's happened to folks who've come forward and accused powerful folks of raping or being otherwise inappropriate w/them. ask Anita Hill about it. ask Monica Lewinsky about it. ask Nafissatou Diallo about it. if i had more proper names i could make a better list but the point is the accusers are DRAGGED all over the media and the court of public opinion. all of their past transgressions get dragged into the light. even if they're unrelated to the rape accusation. i understand folks not wanting to be dragged like that. it can keep them quiet.