Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subject it's not uncommon for rape survivors to decline reporting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=192676&mesg_id=193026
193026, it's not uncommon for rape survivors to decline reporting
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Nov-19-14 11:39 AM
it's not uncommon for rape survivors to decline reporting the rape to police - largely b/c they fear the kinds of reactions we see w/these Cos allegations. they reasonably fear that police will treat them this way. ESPECIALLY if they're accusing a notable public figure. and in this case the public figure is America's Favorite Father. he's a formidable guy to accuse of something so heinous. and there won't be physical evidence either. it's the accusers' word against Bill's. and Bill has a ton of credibility w/everyone the accuser would report to. everybody loves him and doesn't want to believe that he's a rapist. hell, the women he raped don't want to believe he's a rapist!

i dunno what to tell you except to try listening more to rape survivors' stories w/o judgment. just listen to more of them. maybe you have doubt about these stories b/c you haven't heard enough of them. maybe you still think rape has to involve stranger-danger or an alley snatching or violence and has to end w/the victim running/screaming to the police I WAS RAPED!!!! like in some movies. i dunno. w/more exposure to rape stories maybe you'll understand.