Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThe word "hispanic" is disrespectful. Let's talk about immigration!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=191277&mesg_id=191479
191479, The word "hispanic" is disrespectful. Let's talk about immigration!
Posted by Kira, Sun Jul-12-15 08:22 PM
>I think a lot of hispanics will probably end up getting
>undeserved amnesty since its functionally impossible to kick
>them all out at this point without doing some serious human
>rights violations...but a larger issue is that after amnesty,
>whats the next goal?

It is not my intention to take this post to Goku level POASTING but.... THEY WORKED HARD AS SHIT FOR IT. What next goal?

>
>Do we make it as hard as possible to come over here and let
>hispanics continue to undercut any sort of economy that
>present citizens can't compete for?

How much would it take you to pick fruit in 80+ degree heat for eight to ten hours? I need at least $22 an hour personally. In other words, we're talking about jobs none of us want to do.

>
>Do we continue to let unchecked immigration violate the
>sovereignty of those who came over legally and did things the
>right way?

I fail to see what's wrong with trying to feed someone's family so miss me with talk of the right way.

>Donald Trump might be a little myopic in his phrasing and
>biased in his reporting of crime statistics, but isn't he
>right that illegal immigration is a huge issue?
>
Donald Trump is wrong about everything. Businesses don't want to pay workers full wages and save money going under the table so immigration is not a problem. Once immigrants receive amnesty then they receive full rights and employers have to acknowledge those rights. Business owners don't want to do this so ultimately this argument goes nowhere.

Post 185 sums up my point. Greg Palast touched on this as well. Basically let people feed their family.