Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectjmm, that's fairly close to the last thing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=191277&mesg_id=191419
191419, jmm, that's fairly close to the last thing
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-12-15 03:46 PM
so let's change the word racism to bigotry to avoid any broader discussion/disagreement.

actually, let's not. let's look at LATIN AMERICA itself. let's look at the D.R. right now. let's look at caste and colorist systems throughout. please reconsider your position. you're a cool person with enlightened views, let's not throw mush-headed things in there that rig some olympics of hatred in white people's favor.

the whole one-way street that is deferential to the pervasiveness of white supremacy is an inaccurate argument in my view and, regardless of that, it's proven to be an unproductive one. it's basically a trump card that will frustrate the people you are trying to reach and educate to no end, rather than move toward common ground. i saw this over and over in ethnic and gender studies disciplines and the real world, too. i get the wisdom to this sort of thinking, there is plenty of it, but i think ultimately it's inadequate in terms of individual understanding and certainly in terms of persuasiveness.